Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do Lexus prewire their cars?

Do Lexus fit one wiring loom that fits all spec? 

My IS300h is SE spec but I want to add a few items that were not fitted, one of then is self dimming rear view mirror.

If it doesn't its not a problem as I'm sure I can make a loom and get it fitted without many issues, what I don't want to do is make the loom, strip the car and then find the multiplug tucked away 

TIA

No idea, but would you also not need to code the correct ECU?

I played around with winFPK alot with my old BMW, and without paying a single £0 managed to get near dealer level software(including firmeware flashing) running on my own laptop.

I briefly looked at similar options for Lexus and found not much beyond the official techprotals, which I persume you have to pay ££££ to access.

Let us know how you get on. I love fiddling with cars and software. 

I don’t think you would have to program the ecu, it should be a simple wire in job.
Looking at the wiring I would guess it’s
Live
Earth
Feed from interior light

I know there’s 5 wires going into the multi plug so I’ll have to figure what the other ones are, a quick look on a wiring diagram should reveal.

I’ve played with coding BMWs in the past with quite a lot of success but Lexus IS a different ball game, to start with it looks like the software isn’t widely available at a reasonable cost

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

Do Lexus fit one wiring loom that fits all spec? 

It is very rare for Toyota to pre-wire anything, they typically have grade specific looms for all their vehicles, doesn't matter if it has a T or an L badge.

Looking on toyodiy.com there is a specific loom for IS300h with auto rear view mirror so I doubt you will find a multiplug.

1206679801_ScreenShot2018-12-07at14_39_42.thumb.png.e9843881b9b5f0a77f1036d95840b788.png

• Like 1

It is very rare for Toyota to pre-wire anything, they typically have grade specific looms for all their vehicles, doesn't matter if it has a T or an L badge.
Looking on toyodiy.com there is a specific loom for IS300h with auto rear view mirror so I doubt you will find a multiplug.
1206679801_ScreenShot2018-12-07at14_39_42.thumb.png.e9843881b9b5f0a77f1036d95840b788.png

Thanks for that, at least I know what route I will have to take now.

It’s not the end of the world, I’ve wired these mirrors in the past on different cars and the principal is always the same just the wire colours may be different.

Time to make a little wiring loom I suppose [emoji6]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

when i had a ct i fitted a dimming rearview mirror and there is no pre-wiring in the car.

i used a mirror off a honda accord it cost me £30 lexus wanted £650 for the mirror with no wiring

here is the link i used for my ct for fitting the mirror

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/95452-diy-fitting-auto-dimming-rear-view-mirror/?tab=comments#comment-916398

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

finally got a mirror from eBay, from a 2010 ISF.

Im slightly stuck on the pinouts on the mirror, I have 5 wires, they are 

Black

Mid brown

Light Brown 

light grey

Dark grey

I have figured that of those 5 there is a live, earth, what looks like a switched live and two wires that connect to the door mirrors. I've grabbed a screenshot from Lexus tech, and it shows the 5 connections.

and the wiring from the mirror

IMG_2724.JPG

Any help would be most grateful

rear view mirroe wiring .pdf

This is now beginning to stump me, and wiring isn't something that gets the better of me normally.

I have checked Lexus and Toyota Tech and neither of them have the wiring codes on a rear view mirror that this one has, however the part number on the back is listed for an RCF/Prius/Camry.

Continuity tests show the black and brown wires are the only ones that have continuity, that normally indicates live and earth.

The wiring diagram I have from Lexus tech lists the connections as follows:

Blue - switched power

Pink - constant live (only for uses with garage opener)

Violet - Earth

White - Door Mirrors

Light Green - Door mirrors

any ideas? I am totally stumped now

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links