Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know there's a fuse in there somewhere ( under the bonnet )  to totally disarm the alarm......  and then you can just lock/unlock with the key in the door lock

BUT will you invalidate your insurance too I wonder

Malc

hi mark my ls400  is a brilliant car .i also have a 2001 ls430  .i love them both.i left the 400 under a cover whilst the weather was bad. the alarm kept going off at night .after rwo sleepless nights i took the car to lexus stockport .they could not find a fault. i have put a good quality triclkle charger onto a new Battery and am going to hope for a good nights sleep.thanking you for your interest dave

36 minutes ago, david knott said:

hi mark my ls400  is a brilliant car .i also have a 2001 ls430  .i love them both.i left the 400 under a cover whilst the weather was bad. the alarm kept going off at night .after rwo sleepless nights i took the car to lexus stockport .they could not find a fault. i have put a good quality triclkle charger onto a new battery and am going to hope for a good nights sleep.thanking you for your interest dave

When I had my 400 the armrest phone kept draining the Battery - in the end my removed it -if yours has one fitted then it might be worth investigating.

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

When I had my 400 the armrest phone kept draining the battery - in the end my removed it -if yours has one fitted then it might be worth investigating.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:54 AM, Malc said:

if you're just fed up with the alarm going off willy nilly then there is a solution to that too .......... without disarming the alarm :wink:

Malc

to cruiser mark .thanking you .i dont leave any metal objects in the middle cubby{i learnt that one} also there isnt a phone in there .fingers crossed with the ctek charger connected silence is golden very very best regards to all dave

14 hours ago, cruisermark said:

Metal objects in the armrest set off the alarm

I had this for years going off without any obvious stuff in the armrest ,,,,  solution from a member here was simply to turn down the alarm ,,,,,  it's underneath the area by the cupholders next the armrest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  peace now reigns.

It solved the problem of the totally random, for no reason at all, sounding off

Lexus Main Dealer wouldn't have a solution to the problem, it's not in the guidebooks ! it certainly wasn't a fault with the Battery

Malc

had David told us what his problem was / is, we might have been able to give more free guidance :rolleyes:

after all we have had donkeys years of sorting out some of these niggling issues .......  especially with the Mk3 :whistling1:

I'm trying to remember...…..my '94 LS400 had the control box for the alarm under the bonnet just in front of the driving position. There was a small key on the main key fob which, when inserted in a slot on top of the box, switched the alarm off. 

Oh for the older technology eh !  :biggrin:  ......  it wasn't that simple on my Mk3 for sure

I didn't remember having a smaller key you mention on my 1992  Mk1  or 1994  Mk2 tbh

Malc

Thanks Malc,  I seem to remember that, for a short period, Lexus fitted a UK built alarm which caused nothing but problems. The key fob had a black and red button and a slide, which I can't remember what for. The smaller key dangled on a leather thong, At the time, there was quite a bit of discussion about how useless the alarm was. I used to leave my car in the Staff Car Park at Glasgow Airport and every time I got back from a trip the Battery was flat. The car park was on the approach to one of the runways and the aircraft radar transmission set the alarm off.

When you get out of the car push the lock tab in by hand then close the door whilst holding the outside handle in the open position, this will lock the car without setting the alarm. I had to do this on my 99 LS because the alarm had a mind of its own!!!

As David is sorted, can anbody tell me why my Car Alarm should go off when I unlock the boot with a key to open it - sometimes? The Car Alarm is "on" at the time.

Would have to be extremeley sensitive if the action of the key somehow jolts the car, but I can't think of any other explanation.

Also, with the engine running if I don't quite close the drivers door when I have reversed and got out of the car to secure my drive,  the Drivers door locks itself, but not like soft closing. Have to go around to the passenger door to open the Drivers door from within?

Just quirky I suppose - Merc Alarm systems for Nineties Car were notoriously fickle.

The lock on the boot is sequenced with all the locks and if you unlock the boot with the key and not the solenoid pull on the dash the alarm triggers .

The way round this is to unlock the car with the fob and then use the key on the boot that way the alarm is not on to go off  but you will need to do it within fifteen seconds or the alarm will re-arm.

That's interesting Phil, but many times I go out of the house and open the boot with a key and don't unlock the Car with the button press.  Its only on rare occasions that it sets off the alarm.  I would think that you should be able to open the boot with a key without disarming the system. 

Sure I'm not alone in finding it tedious that you can't unlock the boot when the Car Engine is running.  Times I've had to switch off so the Customs Gendarmes in Calais can check the boot - just a bit of an inconvenience.

Do later Cars still have this system? Seems silly as you are not going to want petrol or to open the boot whilst the Car is in motion.