Is it me, or have RX 450h prices shot up in the last few weeks? I've been looking at 2015 onwards for a while and my perception is that they've risen sharply. If I'm right, is this likely to be due to impending winter?

I have also noticed this but i think its due to the current climate of people looking to change to Hybrid vehicles.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:17 PM, harrylime said:

Is it me, or have RX 450h prices shot up in the last few weeks? I've been looking at 2015 onwards for a while and my perception is that they've risen sharply. If I'm right, is this likely to be due to impending winter?

Has there been any movement in prices of rx400h as well? 

There is definitely switching going on from diesel to hybrid, but there is also a reliability switch going on. I've just acquired my first Lexus having been with a series of Range Rover sports since 2006.. reason to switch is that LR misdesigned positioning of the diesel particulate filter on the 2014 to 2017 diesel engines of evocque, discovery sport, discovery 5 and RR sport.. consequence is engines are getting oil dilution as diesel is seeping in as the particulate filter is blocking as it's not close enough to the engine to burn itself  clean . Interim services and failed engines/crankshafts have been occurring and LR are not guarenteeing supporting the work under warranty.   A good number of LR sport owners are throwing in the towel and I know at least 5 that have moved to the RX..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BoldlyGo said:

There is definitely switching going on from diesel to hybrid, but there is also a reliability switch going on. I've just acquired my first Lexus having been with a series of Range Rover sports since 2006.. reason to switch is that LR misdesigned positioning of the diesel particulate filter on the 2014 to 2017 diesel engines of evocque, discovery sport, discovery 5 and RR sport.. consequence is engines are getting oil dilution as diesel is seeping in as the particulate filter is blocking as it's not close enough to the engine to burn itself  clean . Interim services and failed engines/crankshafts have been occurring and LR are not guarenteeing supporting the work under warranty.   A good number of LR sport owners are throwing in the towel and I know at least 5 that have moved to the RX..

The trouble is with modern diesels is that they work well for people like me who drive 500 miles a week in mixed conditions. Two people I know well ignored my advice and bought Audi and VW Golf diesels as 'shopping cars', engines never getting warm. Stratospheric bills on cars that are ultra low mileage and still having (and will have issues). Funny that car salesmen always sold the economy benefits and low tax. 

Never mention major engine issues though. 

I know of someone who's parents bought a new RAV 4 and junked the engine in less than 3000 miles.. 

I don't think the issue is with position of DPF it is because engine is not travelling far enough to warm up. 

I ran a fiat diesel, an Alfa diesel, 2 mini diesels and 2 Mercedes diesels over 140,000 miles and never had a DPF issue, in fact I never recollect seeing regeneration because the engines were always running hot. I changed to Lexus because of the quality 👍

3 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

The trouble is with modern diesels is that they work well for people like me who drive 500 miles a week in mixed conditions. Two people I know well ignored my advice and bought Audi and VW Golf diesels as 'shopping cars', engines never getting warm. Stratospheric bills on cars that are ultra low mileage and still having (and will have issues). Funny that car salesmen always sold the economy benefits and low tax. 

Never mention major engine issues though. 

I know of someone who's parents bought a new RAV 4 and junked the engine in less than 3000 miles.. 

I don't think the issue is with position of DPF it is because engine is not travelling far enough to warm up. 

I ran a fiat diesel, an Alfa diesel, 2 mini diesels and 2 Mercedes diesels over 140,000 miles and never had a DPF issue, in fact I never recollect seeing regeneration because the engines were always running hot. I changed to Lexus because of the quality 👍

I read about this virtually every week on the uk site honestjohn.co.uk. As above, people buying diesel for low mileage and short journey lifestyles. Why don't people do proper research before buying! That's what great about reading honestjohn and this forum......

Sensible people moving to Lexus.. LR are total rubbish from experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk