Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h Premier

Hello all.

Having previously owned an RX300 and 400h, I have been lost in the outback for a few years but considering a return to the fold. I have my eye on a 2010 RX450h SE-L Premier at a Lexus dealer and priced just below £17k.

It has covered just under 90k miles and of course has all the bells and whistles. I am a little concerned about the reliability of the air suspension system. Do I need to be?

Any comments on what to look out for on such a car, and whether the price is fair would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Can’t comment on the air suspension as I’m only 6 months into owning mine, however the price feels a little high to me.

I bought my 2010 SE-L Premier, with 84,000 miles (at the time) from a main dealer with FLSH and the warranty for £17,495.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I imagine it’s more that winter is coming and people want SUV’s for OMGSNOWCHAOS!

I got mine out the door for less than £18k including road tax, GAP & Smart Insurance from Stockport. Mine seemed quite highly priced at the time, so I think yours has some haggle room in it.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Moved to 2013 450H Premier a month ago (from '06 400h), all the research I did on this site and others seem to show that there was a problem on the 2003 & 2004 RX 350 with many owners reporting air suspension problems / failures. It seems nowhere as common an issue outside of that time & for that reason I wasn't afraid of trouble with it.

Am absolutely delighted with my 450h, after 12 years with 400h - the 450H feels a big step up - heavier, more solid and even more comfortable than the 400h - a joy.

• Like 2

I've had my 2013 model (62 plate) RX450h Premier about 15 months now and still love it.  My criteria were fairly particular (proper opening sunroof,  black interior and anything but silver outside) which limited the options to Premier and Advance models, with only the premier having the air suspension.  Like BlackCat, I did the research  and concluded that the problems were much much less with later models, so went ahead.  I got 3 years warranty with my car: 15 months in, I've not used it which probably isn't a surprise.

448a.jpg

• Like 1

You will Always pay over the odds buying from a lexus dealer. I can't comment on that asking get price but my 2013 62 plate f sport with ML and 38.5k miles for 25k. That was since June.  

However if the dealer can't shift the car then they'll drop the price. My previous is300h was up for 22.5k now it's a nats over 19k.

• Like 1

I did by our 2012 RX450h Premier 18 months ago. Had 27k miles at a time of purchase.

My main criteria were light interior and a radar cruise control.

Was lucky to buy it privately for a trade in price of £21.5k. 

It had extended warranty which I've transferred. Almost two years after I can get my money back. 

Obviously, I have purchased extended warranty when the transferred one expired. 

No problems so far. Only one parking sensor is playing up. But it is due to the damage to it. Need to replace it at some point.

Brilliant car. Test driven New RX L and was not impressed. Mine drives as good if not better. No idea why air suspension was abandoned on a new version.

• Like 1