Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450H Air Suspension Problem - Front End

Well after having my vehicle for nearly two years and it has done just over 90k, the front has decided not to raise at all and driving is rather bumpy shall we say.

I have tried raising and lowering via the switch but no change occurs. I cannot hear any noise from the rear of side where the compressor is and have checked for loose cables/pipes etc but found none. The rear ride height actuator is physically ok, but have been unable to check the front as it is rather lower to get my head under and do not have a ramp or lift. 

I have checked OBDII codes with a generic reader and found no faults. I will attempt a TS diagnosis in the morning before contacting my local indie garage.

Can anyone suggest anything else ?

I have looked at the fuses box, but The Air Compressor appears to be part of a long fuse container that holds more than 1 fuse, but cannot remove it to examine it.The white plastic tool for single fuse doesn't help either.

The answer to my problem was that one of the front ride height sensor arms had snapped giving false reading to the system and preventing the front from maintaining a correct height.

As usual the rod is not a separate sold item, requiring a whole unit of sensor and rod to be fitted. Worth keeping an eye on these arms to ensure they don't seize and break as mine had.

Had advisory on rear sensor rods going similar way so will prepare myself by finding replacement rods before they also fail. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

The answer to my problem was that one of the front ride height sensor arms had snapped giving false reading to the system and preventing the front from maintaining a correct height.

As usual the rod is not a separate sold item, requiring a whole unit of sensor and rod to be fitted. Worth keeping an eye on these arms to ensure they don't seize and break as mine had.

Had advisory on rear sensor rods going similar way so will prepare myself by finding replacement rods before they also fail. 

Well that could have been worse!  I believe you can get the rods made, or even do some kind of DIY repair.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem on my IS300.

Simple solution.

Take the old rod off and measure the rod or keep to compare.

Buy some thread bar the same diameter as yours then just get 2 ball ends. Remember to make one left and one right handed.

Sorry I can't give you the links to my old purchases. From memory is cost me about £5 total.

I think it's the salt.  Don't they use it on the roads in Japan? because you'd think A company like Lexus could build these sensor arms to resist typical UK weather conditions.  My LS430 went through about 6 of them I think, and it was about £300 a time

Mike

5 minutes ago, mikesands said:

I think it's the salt.  Don't they use it on the roads in Japan?

I'm pretty sure they don't.  I bought an import Mitsubishi Pajero (Shogun) about 10 years ago, it was 12 years old then !  The underside was painted blue just as it had left the factory.  Think that's why some of the Jap imports are popular.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links