Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Renewal Insurance quote - CRAZY!!!

Vlady

3 minutes ago, LexusPartsDirect said:

They dont have to live with you, Antie's, Sister's Any female friends - Don't have to have the same last name

I will try that next time, thanks Lee for a tip! 

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

I will try that next time, thanks Lee for a tip! 

But you will still have to disclose

Full name and date of birth and occupation

Full residential address and postcode

Any details of past driving record.

I hope no-one out there is intending to deceive in order to reduce premiums !!

11 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

But you will still have to disclose

Full name and date of birth and occupation

Full residential address and postcode

Any details of past driving record.

I hope no-one out there is intending to deceive in order to reduce premiums !!

There is no deception just be honest, My Antie is on mine she lives in Liverpool i put her occupation and address and all of her details. Obviously, she knows it as well, But Reduced my premium by a lot. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 10:44 AM, royoftherovers said:

And I bet you paid for that lunch Mike with a 30p Luncheon Voucher!  :):):)

No John that would have to be 3/-  used to use mine in  a Caff just off Billingsgate. Double Egg, Chips, Baked Beans and a  Slice, with a Mug of Rosy lee - those were the days!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

No John that would have to be 3/-  used to use mine in  a Caff just off Billingsgate. Double Egg, Chips, Baked Beans and a  Slice, with a Mug of Rosy lee - those were the days!

Ooops should have read on as already covered.  Doh!

• 1 year later...

Guys with old LS/GS models, I mean like 97-2000 years of production, can I ask you how much you pay for your can insurance please?

I have a friend with Saab 9000 1997, automatic with 3.0ltr engine, he said his insurance vary from &1500 and up, he has like 8-10 years NCB and the quote from his older insurance was £3500, their answer to his phone call was - the car is too old and getting parts is impossible! SO the only was he managed to get price down is to insure it as a Classic with very limited miles!

Do you all suffer from it? I am just curious.

Thanks in advance

Vlad

3 hours ago, Vlady said:

Guys with old LS/GS models, I mean like 97-2000 years of production, can I ask you how much you pay for your can insurance please?

mine is a '95 Ls400 and this March i paid @£384 for fully comprehensive with Full NCB, or whatever it's called these days and 12/15k miles a year stated and this fixes the premium for   3 years too they say .............  subject to no issues arising to change the status

Xcs is i think £350 and I get allowed 2 knocks in 3 or is it 5 years with no affect on my NCB  ..  I had a write-off, tiny bump last August and still have the car, still fully comp with Saga and now a " N " Category vehicle ...  the £1500 repair cost with a brand new door ( which is what the insurers insist upon ) just wrote the car off, I bought the car and had the door knocked out to an ok standard and a fresh MOT for the insurance purposes

my now retired partner drives my car too as her second car  ...  I'm age 70 now :unsure:  and I drive her car too, a 2006 Honda Legend 3.6 ltr petrol limited to 6/7000 miles a year on separate insce also with Saga

maybe some of this helps you ?

Malc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Vlad my LS 430 , full cc XCD , wife as named driver, 10,000 miles per annum, incl business use,  £208.48 With LV.

policy part of 2 car insurance of wife’s 2019 Honda  Jazz Sport Auto £171.08 , so both £379.56.

Both above include protected NCD and £350 excess, and each insured for both drivers.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks guys for the info, I can see it is not that bad! My friend in his late 40's and he loves his SAAB (I think being 97 reg it has done only 35k! miles) and in the last 3 years he said nothing broke so it is quite reliable but the insurance prices he was dealing with last year made me think that all older cars are subjected to it. May be there are other factors I am not aware off like post code, no garage, younger (well my age) wife as a 2nd driver, who knows?! Oh well, I will pass to him this info guys! Many thanks

Happy Easter Monday!

On 12/22/2018 at 9:23 AM, Vlady said:

Paid the insurance yesterday, £580 including Legal Cover from More Than, better than was quoted initially from Tesco (£875!) 

Nice one. Shopping around really helps. I didn't bother until recently as I saw it as a bit of a faff having to cancel the existing policy. Direct debit makes it easy to do this which is why I guess the companies get complacent. I halved my car insurance last year using a comparison site. I've just cancelled the household policy with the insurer I've been with for nine years. Their premium was £6 less than last year, which I thought was tremendous news until I Compared The Market and got a policy with another insurer for £200 (versus £462!). If my loyalty to a particular insurer doesn't result in annually decreasing premiums, I'm leaving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

Direct debit makes it easy to do this

never pay this way at all ...  maybe I'm lucky i have the cash ....  but i always thought paying by dd was a temptation for me to just sit back and be lazy and not bother worrying about the renewal ...........  have to have something useful to do I guess !

Malc

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 9:00 PM, Bluesman said:

The prices insurance companies charge are as mystifying as the ways they work.

I am 71 do around 5K a year had two non fault accidents in the past 8 years and I am paying £200 fully comp with a full NCB. 

This year the premium went down by 31p. The wife and I enjoyed a hearty lunch that day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Insurance is indeed an odd animal.  Being a new Lexus owner currently owning an old Volvo S60, I did a comparison check for insurance for my new 17 plate is300h arriving when lockdown eases.  Quotes ranged from £440 from my current insurer to £2450.

I am definitely in the wrong profession but alas, too late to change now 🙂 and will definitely be staying with my current provider.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Received my February renewal from Esure @ £387 so I compared online to find that the best quote turned out to be £311 ... with Esure!

So I called Esure who were able to verify that I had received a lower quote from them using an online comparison site and would I like them to match it for my renewal?

Clearly 'yes' ... so for exactly the same cover I have now agreed a renewal of £307.

It seems to prove my theory, which I also experience every time my RAC cover falls due, that annual renewals are loaded (I think it's known as 'premium-walk' or some such term) such that the providers rely upon many customers automatically renewing without question which is where they make an easy profit.  A guy I spoke to at the RAC actually admitted this to me last year - he was just leaving their employ!

So ALWAYS query and challenge your renewal by seeking other quotes, I know it's a pain but gone are the days where loyalty is taken into account ... if anything it's quite the opposite!

Pressure is apparently being applied to prevent Insurance Companies offering new customers a cheaper premium than existing customers for the same risk but I don't think it's reached the statute books yet.

• Like 2

They are called "sleepers".  Most people including myself dont change insurances, electricity or gas suppliers, subscriptions etc and exactly that is where companies are making the profit. 

• Like 1

Morning folks hope your all ok. Yes it always generates discussion does motor insurance especially at renewal time. Religiously I have always at renewal time carried out a comparison check on the various websites mentioned on here. Worth remembering that not all underwriters are available on the comparison sites. So always worth allowing a bit of time checking those as well. Reading the posts here interesting that declaring different things have adjusted policy,s. Your details are kept on the MID (motor insurance database) administered i believe by the MIB (motor insurance bureau). it might be worth you having a look what is held about you on the MID. You might not agree you may want to have something corrected. You can make a request to have the info what is held about you. Here is a link to the MIB if i can put it on. Stat safe.

Welcome to MIB 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ALAW said:

Morning folks hope your all ok. Yes it always generates discussion does motor insurance especially at renewal time. Religiously I have always at renewal time carried out a comparison check on the various websites mentioned on here. Worth remembering that not all underwriters are available on the comparison sites. So always worth allowing a bit of time checking those as well. Reading the posts here interesting that declaring different things have adjusted policy,s. Your details are kept on the MID (motor insurance database) administered i believe by the MIB (motor insurance bureau). it might be worth you having a look what is held about you on the MID. You might not agree you may want to have something corrected. You can make a request to have the info what is held about you. Here is a link to the MIB if i can put it on. Stat safe.

Welcome to MIB 

Brent, this is a good point that our information is stored somewhere! Thanks for the link also, it might be worth checking it!

1 minute ago, Vlady said:

Brent, this is a good point that our information is stored somewhere! Thanks for the link also, it might be worth checking it!

Absolutely Vlad there may be something on the MID that is erroneous about you. Ultimately when insurers access the MID about you it may affect your costing. The MID is accessed by the Police, DVLA and others.

• Like 1

Wow I guess I'm lucky I pay £290 a year fully comp, 37 14 year NCB,no points, every available upgrade on the policy including drive any other car fully comp, 12000 miles a year also a lot of modifications and key cover all included! 

14 hours ago, Yorkie740 said:

Wow I guess I'm lucky I pay £290 a year fully comp, 37 14 year NCB,no points, every available upgrade on the policy including drive any other car fully comp, 12000 miles a year also a lot of modifications and key cover all included! 

Uau, £290 is great, I paid £367 in December for 2021 insurance, I guess IS is lower insurance group and therefore cheaper to insure but the fact it is all extras included is very good! Well done!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought a RX450H Premier so on checking my multicar policy with LV = the cost till next renewal in September for upgrading from a NX was £46 (£296 a year equivalent). Fair enough I thought as it's a more expensive car. Then I see they have increased my compulsory excess from £150 to £400 on top of the voluntary £300 which they have retained. Phoned them and they said that was the underwriters fault.....

Looks like I'll have to do the rounds again later this year. BTW, keeping the car on the drive rather than in the garage increased the balance payment by £1 to £47. Very odd.

My insurance premium at renewal on the first of this month was increased by 23% simply because I am now over 80!

My insurer doesn't take into consideration that I have passed the Advanced Driving Test either!

I decided that this was unfair and so shopped around and ended up back with a previous insurer and saved £101.00.  Well worth spending a little time scanning the market.  I still got all of the benefits that were available with my previous insurer with the plus of slightly less by way of excesses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluenose1940 said:

My insurance premium at renewal on the first of this month was increased by 23% simply because I am now over 80!

My insurer doesn't take into consideration that I have passed the Advanced Driving Test either!

I decided that this was unfair and so shopped around and ended up back with a previous insurer and saved £101.00.  Well worth spending a little time scanning the market.  I still got all of the benefits that were available with my previous insurer with the plus of slightly less by way of excesses.

Great advice Geoff, many thanks.

That`s age discrimination isn`t it ?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links