Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Renewal Insurance quote - CRAZY!!!

Vlady

Hi fellow Lexus owners,

2008 RX400h, 40, job etc, had 12 yrs NCD and in 2018 they were all 750-900 ish.

Due in a month looking last night - loads for £530 ish now - u can't crash if you ain't out on the road!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elche286 said:

Hi fellow Lexus owners,

2008 RX400h, 40, job etc, had 12 yrs NCD and in 2018 they were all 750-900 ish.

Due in a month looking last night - loads for £530 ish now - u can't crash if you ain't out on the road!

That's a good point, they should do a refund for most drivers!

• Like 1

I was insured by Santander (BISL) last year but6 not only have they hiked the premium by 15% but have also very quietly hiked the excess from £350 to £525.

Sergei has come up with 1st Central Legal, who offer an excess of £250 voluntary and £0 compulsory and a premium less than last year's.

Anything known about 1st Central Legal?

John

19 minutes ago, OldTrout said:

I was insured by Santander (BISL) last year but6 not only have they hiked the premium by 15% but have also very quietly hiked the excess from £350 to £525.

Sergei has come up with 1st Central Legal, who offer an excess of £250 voluntary and £0 compulsory and a premium less than last year's.

Anything known about 1st Central Legal?

John

John, I never heard of 1st central Legal.

Increasing your excess and yearly premium that's what they do to a existing customers and just car insurance, mobile phone providers, internet providers etc and that happens even you are on a contract! Kind of 1 way contract, you can't change anything (or you par for it) but they can and you still pay for it! 🙂

This is ridiculous that it is allowed in UK!

15 minutes ago, Vlady said:

John, I never heard of 1st central Legal.

Increasing your excess and yearly premium that's what they do to a existing customers and just car insurance, mobile phone providers, internet providers etc and that happens even you are on a contract! Kind of 1 way contract, you can't change anything (or you par for it) but they can and you still pay for it! 🙂

This is ridiculous that it is allowed in UK!

Don`t overlook the fact Vlad that the consumer is still king. Just walk away from unsatisfactory service providers.

19 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Don`t overlook the fact Vlad that the consumer is still king. Just walk away from unsatisfactory service providers.

That is what I do John but it takes time to find another and would be simpler to stay with your provider. Funny thing is that if you are a new customer you get better price with the same provider. Anyway, nothing is going to change. I always search for a better deal.

14 minutes ago, Vlady said:

That is what I do John but it takes time to find another and would be simpler to stay with your provider. Funny thing is that if you are a new customer you get better price with the same provider. Anyway, nothing is going to change. I always search for a better deal.

I agree with you Vlady.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Has anyone mentioned the tip from Martin "Money Saving Expert" Lewis about looking for a new quote 21 days before renewal? https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2021/01/martin-lewis-car-insurance/

Hi James, nope I have not seen it but will check it out, thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just to share the details of mine, both of which I renewed this week:

2006 RX400h with 11 year's NCB, business use, Cambridge postcode: £237 with AXA.

1997 LS400 with no NCB, limited miles, SDP, Cambridge postcode: £160 with Performance Direct.

(Both with old fart driver with clean history and boring job.)

I also saw that 'First Central' outfit for the first time this renewal - they occupied the top 4 or 5 spots in the comparative websites for the RX. But a little digging into their rep showed a very patchy reputation. Trying to buy market share? 🤔

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 12:28 PM, Vlady said:

Hi all,

How much do you pay for your insurance? I knew Lexus is in high insurance group but renewal is £875!

This is me with 12years NCB and my wife with 8years NCB! Every year the price goes up, as last year (I changed cars half way through) it was £859!

That is just a rip off that is made legal!!!

I pay 194 with lv for my jaguar xkr, renewed Dec 2020. Adding the Lexus rx 450h added 245 with a multi car co-terminus arrangement. Bearing in mind I can't drive 2 cars at the same time 🤔

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

I pay 194 with lv for my jaguar xkr, renewed Dec 2020. Adding the Lexus rx 450h added 245 with a multi car co-terminus arrangement. Bearing in mind I can't drive 2 cars at the same time 🤔

Ah yes Philip, but whilst you're crashing the jag the lexus could be stolen! 😉

• Haha 1