Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Renewal Insurance quote - CRAZY!!!

Hi fellow Lexus owners,

2008 RX400h, 40, job etc, had 12 yrs NCD and in 2018 they were all 750-900 ish.

Due in a month looking last night - loads for £530 ish now - u can't crash if you ain't out on the road!

• Like 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to work for a big major insurer and the reason  insurance go up if you tell them you park on a drive or garage is because they think someone will break into your house for the keys and take you

There is no deception just be honest, My Antie is on mine she lives in Liverpool i put her occupation and address and all of her details. Obviously, she knows it as well, But Reduced my premium by a l

Morning folks hope your all ok. Yes it always generates discussion does motor insurance especially at renewal time. Religiously I have always at renewal time carried out a comparison check on the vari

7 hours ago, elche286 said:

Hi fellow Lexus owners,

2008 RX400h, 40, job etc, had 12 yrs NCD and in 2018 they were all 750-900 ish.

Due in a month looking last night - loads for £530 ish now - u can't crash if you ain't out on the road!

That's a good point, they should do a refund for most drivers!

• Like 1

I was insured by Santander (BISL) last year but6 not only have they hiked the premium by 15% but have also very quietly hiked the excess from £350 to £525.

Sergei has come up with 1st Central Legal, who offer an excess of £250 voluntary and £0 compulsory and a premium less than last year's.

Anything known about 1st Central Legal?

John

19 minutes ago, OldTrout said:

I was insured by Santander (BISL) last year but6 not only have they hiked the premium by 15% but have also very quietly hiked the excess from £350 to £525.

Sergei has come up with 1st Central Legal, who offer an excess of £250 voluntary and £0 compulsory and a premium less than last year's.

Anything known about 1st Central Legal?

John

John, I never heard of 1st central Legal.

Increasing your excess and yearly premium that's what they do to a existing customers and just car insurance, mobile phone providers, internet providers etc and that happens even you are on a contract! Kind of 1 way contract, you can't change anything (or you par for it) but they can and you still pay for it! 🙂

This is ridiculous that it is allowed in UK!

15 minutes ago, Vlady said:

John, I never heard of 1st central Legal.

Increasing your excess and yearly premium that's what they do to a existing customers and just car insurance, mobile phone providers, internet providers etc and that happens even you are on a contract! Kind of 1 way contract, you can't change anything (or you par for it) but they can and you still pay for it! 🙂

This is ridiculous that it is allowed in UK!

Don`t overlook the fact Vlad that the consumer is still king. Just walk away from unsatisfactory service providers.

19 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Don`t overlook the fact Vlad that the consumer is still king. Just walk away from unsatisfactory service providers.

That is what I do John but it takes time to find another and would be simpler to stay with your provider. Funny thing is that if you are a new customer you get better price with the same provider. Anyway, nothing is going to change. I always search for a better deal.

14 minutes ago, Vlady said:

That is what I do John but it takes time to find another and would be simpler to stay with your provider. Funny thing is that if you are a new customer you get better price with the same provider. Anyway, nothing is going to change. I always search for a better deal.

I agree with you Vlady.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Has anyone mentioned the tip from Martin "Money Saving Expert" Lewis about looking for a new quote 21 days before renewal? https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2021/01/martin-lewis-car-insurance/

Hi James, nope I have not seen it but will check it out, thanks!

• Like 1