Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 12/12/2018 at 4:20 PM, royoftherovers said:

A has committed an offence by not providing information to B. Police should be informed.

Guys forget police! Tried that twice - both times police send me a letter a month later saying (quote):  "It is not in public interest to investigate". Both times I have dash cam footage showing everything from the begging to the end, number plates etc. First time around I have sent 3 letter to police including CC to Commissioner of Metropolitan Police, last one saying basically that I will sue police for neglecting their duties unless they will investigate.

After 3rd letter they summoned the registered owner of the car which hit me and took him to the court for total of 8 offences, but lost in Magistrates Court (how!!!!! must have been procedural error on their side).

Second time I went for claim management company which paid out my claim immediately after looking to footage from dash cam (as they said - they pre-authorised the claim based on evidence). Took matching brand new BMW as courtesy car for 2 weeks and could use garage of my choice to fix my car as well.

You can go via your insurance company (and by your contract you most likely need to notify them anyway), but it would go against your NCB until insurance of B car agrees to pay out, as well you might be asked to pay excess upfront, because you effectively are making "non-fault" claim. Your insurance will go-up regardless just accept it, if B company refuses to pay you might as well have to pay back the excess.

Now... Claim management companies are fraud - plain and simple... but why not use fraudsters against fraudsters? I have notified my insurance just contractually and from there claim management company made claim directly from party at fault insurance without involving my insurance etc. Very happy with outcome!

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Guys forget police! Tried that twice - both times police send me a letter a month later saying (quote):  "It is not in public interest to investigate". Both times I have dash cam footage showing everything from the begging to the end, number plates etc. First time around I have sent 3 letter to police including CC to Commissioner of Metropolitan Police, last one saying basically that I will sue police for neglecting their duties unless they will investigate.

After 3rd letter they summoned the registered owner of the car which hit me and took him to the court for total of 8 offences, but lost in Magistrates Court (how!!!!! must have been procedural error on their side).

Second time I went for claim management company which paid out my claim immediately after looking to footage from dash cam (as they said - they pre-authorised the claim based on evidence). Took matching brand new BMW as courtesy car for 2 weeks and could use garage of my choice to fix my car as well.

You can go via your insurance company (and by your contract you most likely need to notify them anyway), but it would go against your NCB until insurance of B car agrees to pay out, as well you might be asked to pay excess upfront, because you effectively are making "non-fault" claim. Your insurance will go-up regardless just accept it, if B company refuses to pay you might as well have to pay back the excess.

Now... Claim management companies are fraud - plain and simple... but why not use fraudsters against fraudsters? I have notified my insurance just contractually and from there claim management company made claim directly from party at fault insurance without involving my insurance etc. Very happy with outcome!

A good post Linas.

If I felt that the police were abdicating their responsibilities I would write to the Chief Constable and if no success would write to my MP. If no success I would make a Freedom Of Information Request seeking the number of times the Police have used "not in the public interest" as a way of avoiding their responsibilities. Then I would inform the Press.

Food for thought ?

Got to shop around as my previous insurance quote me 450 got for 422 it's on wifes name I'm only 2nd driver. This price is after I declared a delivery driver hitting my taxi which I opened my door  so bloody insurance company automatically said your at 'FAULT'. Insurance companies are crooks 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links