Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi I recently asked about 250 or 220d for my son, and through your advice he went for the 250 and he’s well pleased with it.

now he’s wanting to upgrade the cloth interior to leather. We’ve tracked a full leather interior down with door cards for reasonable money. The seats are also electric but seller doesn’t know if they’re heated. Does anyone know if all electric leather seats are heated or was it another option? 

Thanks

I think that's probably correct, although I can't find my brochure for 2006 ish cars just now. Note that early cars at least had heated and ventilated seats - I think the ventilation was dropped on at least some later cars.

Perhaps more to the point - does the recipient car have the controls (rotary switches) just in front of the gear lever?

Leather seats should always be heated, and most of them are ventilated as well up until 2010 Advance model and F-Sport (which is "polieste-cantara" and not leather anyway).

Obviously, for that to work I guess you are replacing fabric seat which were heated?

16 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Leather seats should always be heated, and most of them are ventilated as well up until 2010 Advance model and F-Sport (which is "polieste-cantara" and not leather anyway).

Obviously, for that to work I guess you are replacing fabric seat which were heated?

No the car has non heated cloth seats, I was under the assumption all the wires and plugs are already there.

2 hours ago, kenclarke said:

No the car has non heated cloth seats, I was under the assumption all the wires and plugs are already there.

I would doubt this, manufacturers don't generally include looms etc for options not fitted at build

I've seen a few cases on other cars, where the looms are the same ... only takes a few minute to check, pop out the top of the centre console, you'll see if they are there or not.

When I stripped my door a while back if has some wires in there that were not used... possibly for the seat memory switches ... no idea.

if you don't have the wires, you cold easily run into the fuse box, access is easy.  if you need the cabling under the carpet, with proper connectors, I'd suggest a breakers yard (self search ones)

On 12/12/2018 at 1:15 PM, kenclarke said:

No it wouldn't be. I tend do believe that only exception is ventilation connectors on heating only seats loom e.g. if you have say F-Sport or Advance which only have heating, you would have ventilation loom. However, if you had no heated seats (meaning no heating switches near the gear leaver), you would have no loom for it. Same as if you had no electric seats, there are no loom for memory/electrical seats.

Obviously, everything can be connected, but heated seats uses quite a bit of power and can run your Battery flat fairly quickly... so needs to be well thought out before doing. What I often find on Lexus (or maybe IS250 mk2 in particular) - it is no very easy to retrofit or modify, it is almost always cheaper to get car with all bells and whistles i.e. SE-L then to retrofit parts of it unless it is bolt-on like wheels. If anything needs adapting or modifying on Lexus it very quickly gets very complex and very expensive.