Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Off topic but...

In the RCF I use the cup holders one for the key and the other for my phone. I don't think I've ever used a cup holder in any of my cars, probably too afraid of the mess any spillages could make.

My phone goes in the armrest cubby, I don't need to see it whist driving. On longer journeys with the phone tethered and providing real time traffic to the Lexus  sat nav I have it plugged into the USB to keep the charge level up, still in the cubby out of sight.

My phone goes in the armrest cubby, I don't need to see it whist driving. On longer journeys with the phone tethered and providing real time traffic to the Lexus  sat nav I have it plugged into the USB to keep the charge level up, still in the cubby out of sight.
Same

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

sorry to interrupt this, but in my old technology, ancient car ..........my Iphone ( 4 ) just pops into the ashtray with the charger lead in the cigar lighter just in front of the gearknob,   fits in a treat  :biggrin:

when the TomTom is needed ( rarely ) that takes it's place with the charge lead and my partner can still charge her phone ( Iphone 6 ? ) in the rear door armrest cigar lighter holder ..........  and that's  either back door  :rolleyes:

I guess modern cars don't have cigar lighters though ........  maybe :whistling1:

Malc

I have the Brodit mount, sits down beside gear lever.
Little pricey for a bit of plastic, but will allow you to mount any phone holder (within reason) to it.
Results in the phone being a tad low. But I prefer that to it being on the vents or screen. Can also sometimes get knocked by the passenger if they are, ahem, have large legs. Not a problem for me 99.9% of the time.
Easy to run cables here to the center cubby too.

https://www.brodit.com/product.html?id=633849&pn=prod&brand=Lexus&model=IS+Series&year=2011

To this mount/platform I have screwed on a universal wireless charging holder from amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M6XYZFI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Probably better ones available now, as I purchased mine over a year ago.

For phone calls I just keep the phone in my pocket and use the Bluetooth hands-free system. However, I don't like the Lexus integrated satnav so when I use my phone for navigation using What3Words and Waze, I use one of these CD slot mounts https://www.cdslotmount.com/ 

It's very stable, holds the phone very steady and you can still play your CDs if that's your thing  :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links