Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought LS 460 SE-L 29,000 miles 2007

On 12/14/2018 at 7:42 PM, icekoolcat said:

Thank you yes there were a lot of people after this car I just was luck to get there first. cost me £15,000 You comments on the sun roof sound true   Thank You.. 

Hi in your reply you said about updating the Sat Nav maps I have bought a CD off ebay  it talks about disconnecting the Battery for 15 minutes and japanese writing must be shown on the screen before installing OR the maps will run slow....  is this correct ... ? I did load the new disc and it seems to be slow to react  ...  may be the memory is full...  Can you advise...  

On 12/12/2018 at 7:38 PM, aido said:

I think I saw the advert for this one when I was re-evaluating mine and if it's the one I'm thinking of it looked lovely so congrats.

The satnav disk was in the glovebox in my 2006 SE-L - you eject it via the OSD and then I replaced it with the E1G v2 2018 update disk and it works fine - you can save a lot of money by buying just the GB disk from eBay, it was around £20.

My LS460 has spent 4 weeks out of the 8 weeks I've owned it in the garage - not what I was expecting at all tbh and after another day at the garage today (faulty brake bad wear sensor) I'm hoping I'll get some mileage out of it now!

I've got all the diags on hand and know my way around Techstream and the Intelligent Tester 2 quite well now 🙂 I won't leave the house without the Carista OBD2 dongle and IT2 in the boot just in case it throws an error as it has been that bad.

So far I've had a full service at Lexus, a 4 wheel geometry (although the steering wheel doesn't seem quite straight after two attempts by Lexus), replaced the control arms, sorted out an issue with the front brake pad wear sensor, programmed in a new spare wheel with TPMS, replaced the front radar sensor and the front Lexus emblem (that literally took three weeks alone to figure out and was £££), fitted new Osram Xenarc Nightbreaker Laser HID bulbs and I've got new brake disks and pads to go on but I've been advised to wait 3 or 4k first as the old ones are still not that bad.

Definitely get the 4 wheel geo done to minimise tyre wear, get the control arms and bushings checked and see how you go from there. Hopefully I've just been very unlucky.

Also check your sunroof - it seems pretty common they hold water and rust away - mine has done.

Techstream is a worthwhile investment to see exactly where you stand in terms of issues - the cheaper cables can't do everything though so it may be worth spending a bit more on something like the VCX Nano instead of the old 1.4x firmware cables you can find on eBay.

I was seeing some misfires in Techstream which cleared up with a few tanks of V-Power and an Italian tune up and I've got a can of BG44k ready to throw in before the next service which should clean the insides nicely.

Hi in your reply you said about updating the Sat Nav maps I have bought a CD off ebay  it talks about disconnecting the Battery for 15 minutes and japanese writing must be shown on the screen before installing OR the maps will run slow....  is this correct ... ? I did load the new disc and it seems to be slow to react  ...  may be the memory is full...  Can you advise... 

On 12/22/2018 at 10:46 AM, icekoolcat said:

Hi in your reply you said about updating the Sat Nav maps I have bought a CD off ebay  it talks about disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and japanese writing must be shown on the screen before installing OR the maps will run slow....  is this correct ... ? I did load the new disc and it seems to be slow to react  ...  may be the memory is full...  Can you advise... 

Hi yes in mine I just swapped the disks, it showed an initial loading screen with a bar loading and then it's been fine since. 

I've got to admit I can't remember seeing Japanese writing but I wasn't taking that much notice - the American systems had the HDD and the non-HDD system is much easier to update without a dealer trip.

Are there any scratches on the disk that you put in at all? Did it run at full speed on the old disk? Personally I do tend to use TomTom more on my phone but just wanted to get the system updated to show our home address (the old disk in the car didn't have it as it wasn't built then) so I couldn't set the home location.

I always reset the systems when buying as a habit, it's mad how many people sell a car leaving their home address on the satnav systems.