Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated mirrors not working

Now the colder weather is here I have noticed my heated mirrors do not work.

i have checked fuse that’s all ok,rear screen works fine so dash switch is working.

no power to either mirror heater.

i am trying to locate the relay for mirror heater can anyone point me in the right direction and is there any common faults with mirror heaters losing power?

Yes they did both work at one point,like you say strange both have failed I assumed the elements but both have no feed to them.

cheers for the info that’s just what I was after,although I saw the location page online but cannot work out where that relay is I had rear seats out earlier trying to locate but failed. Also couldn’t see anything under rear shelf trim or under it inside the boot?

18 hours ago, johnatg said:

I suspect that it's behind the boot side trim, but can't find anything to give more precise instruction.

As you suspected it does indeed live behind the nearside boot trim,very odd place for heated mirror relay to be located.

contact burnt out in relay,had a spare merc relay of equivalent configuration so fitted that for now. Gonna get down to Toyota and obtain the correct one as don’t know if the merc one has same current handling.

For anyone else that has similar see attached pictures of the location and what relay looks like.

CB88D228-F71F-477B-B6E2-997F636DE528.jpeg

E86E7290-E9AB-408A-AAF5-B706299D89FE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

After a trip to Toyota the temp merc relay is now a permanent replacement.

not a chance I will be handing over £73.69 to Toyota for a little baby relay like that! The partsman looked embarrassed when he showed me the printout,my words were f******hell he said that’s exactly what I said to my colleague when I looked it up.

And it will be basically the same as any 30 or 40 amp relay which you can buy on eBay for £3 or less - you'd probably just need to add spade terminals to the wires. (Or maybe they are already there)

Sent from my PSP7551DUO using Tapatalk

Yep it’s basically just a 4 post relay with a normally open contact.

the one I fitted is from a merc a class if that fails I have 3 more in the garage. Should they all fail I will just get a standard relay and wire it in. 

I cant imagine many people would pay that kind of money for one of those relays.

For anyone else that has one of these relays fail rather than parting company with £73 at Toyota I found this place does them for less than £7

https://www.citycarparts.co.uk/toyota-lexus-fuel-pump-starter-horn-heater-defrost-mirror-relay-oem-90987-02027-42285-p.asp

Used and out of stock there. Just search for 90987-02027 - new ones from China on amazon at £7.99. Loads of used ones on eBay at even lower prices.

Looks like a standard relay for lots of Toyota vehicles and in multiple applications.