Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This evening  VSC warning, engine light and the ECC light came on (is ECC right? the traction control one) when i started her up.  Car ok just these lights.  Any ideas ?

Many Thanks  Nick

53 minutes ago, nickd said:

This evening  VSC warning, engine light and the ECC light came on (is ECC right? the traction control one) when i started her up.  Car ok just these lights.  Any ideas ?

Many Thanks  Nick

It could be many things but you'll need to get a diagnostic check.  Maybe you mean the EML? One of the most common reasons is o2 sensors.  Even a cheap reader should give you a fault code.

2 hours ago, nickd said:

Thanks and it is the 02 sensor,  all sorted for tomorrow!

Is it a downstream sensor (post cat)? Just curious as the pre cat sensors can cause running problems.

It's the bank 1 sensor 1, so nearside before the cat.  I dont know what any of this means as Dave at Lex Tek told me.  I had no running problems though, as smooth, soft and silent as ever.

That's the same as my fault

Can you please let me know what brand sensor he uses as I have fitted a new sensor but the light has returned with the same code showing - I used a genuine Toyota sensor with the correct part number.

My car drives without fault also

thanks for your help

1 hour ago, nickd said:

It's the bank 1 sensor 1, so nearside before the cat.  I dont know what any of this means as Dave at Lex Tek told me.  I had no running problems though, as smooth, soft and silent as ever.

OK, that's good.  Glad you've got it sorted.  Expensive?

2 hours ago, nickd said:

It was a genuine Lexus part (does that mean Toyota?) and i was charged £165 + vat for the sensor and £40 + vat to fit.  No more light on the dashboard!

Sounds about right. I bought a genuine (Denso) one for my GS, I got it from Eurocarparts for £145  if I remember correctly, although Lexus wanted £195.