Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car

My car is sailing south of the Indian Sub Continent & arrives @ the Suez Canal on the 26th. of this month.

The Marine Traffic Ap is excellent.

Tel

• 2 weeks later...

I only consider Cost of Change verses Residual Value.

Group Stock attracts the most lucrative deals,Factory Orders less so.

Tel

10 hours ago, NX2019 said:

What percentage discount on the RRP is achievable at Lexus dealers if I buy a new NX?

I used Carwow when I bought my NX last year and found it very interesting. Most dealers moved considerably on their best offers and with a couple of London dealers being ahead of the rest and very proactive in trying to secure a sale.  Depends on how close they are to their sales targets. Some were very straightforward in offering lowish px values , and I sold my old VW on Tootle for £2k more than the best px offer from a Lexus dealer. 

Just to add on Carwow you get a cash price and pcp deals.

+1 for CarWow. I used it when I bought my first NX and it was a good tool for finding out which dealers wanted the business. Further negotiations provided a very healthy discount indeed on a pre-facelift NX from stock.

• Like 2

I’ve just used Carwow to get a substantial discount on a new NX. The difference between their original cost to change and the final one (after presenting a Carwow quote), was £4000. The discount off list was considerable. I  got a free service as well. Took a few weeks to get there though

• Like 1

10% should be easily achievable especially if taking Lexus finance. Using carwow or other broker sites to benchmark your local dealer, is a good tactic. Discount will be easier on dealer, group or Lexus unsold stock here in the UK or on the boat over. Special order maybe not so ready to discount as much. 

My Super NX will be delivered this month & extensive research has convinced me the only features my " Top of the Range" car will lack  are Memory Seats for the Front & Heated Seats in the Rear.

When it arrives @ the Dealership, I will check it has AVS, Pan Roof & ML & zero Memory Seats (my current IS was not specced but has the feature for the drivers seat).

Will be gutted if my Research has failed me & will cancel if the costly features are missing.

Quite Frustrating given how long the NX has been in Production 

Tel

Car is heading to Gibraltar & arrives in the UK on the afternoon of the 10th. of this month.

Handover could be imminent I think not !

Tel

On 3/4/2019 at 8:21 AM, Tel said:

My Super NX will be delivered this month & extensive research has convinced me the only features my " Top of the Range" car will lack  are Memory Seats for the Front & Heated Seats in the Rear.

When it arrives @ the Dealership, I will check it has AVS, Pan Roof & ML & zero Memory Seats (my current IS was not specced but has the feature for the drivers seat).

Will be gutted if my Research has failed me & will cancel if the costly features are missing.

Quite Frustrating given how long the NX has been in Production 

Tel

Unless its changed you also miss out on ventilated seats and heads up display. 

One of the reasons I decided to stick with the Premier over the sport. 

Had a 2016 Courtesy NX today {Non Sport] 

Ease of access/Egress was perfect.

The ride on Bridgestones impressed & Sport Mode too.D-Mode is refined.

Was pleasantly surprised how there was little wind noise & good stability @ high speed in today's Stormy Weather.

The 1.5 inch width increase just squeezes into my Garage.

The Nav was challenging & poor in my opinion given there is a Major revision in 2018 & a minor one in the 2019 car that I trust will resolve this issue.

Cannot wait.

Tel

Does the F Sport with Takumi pack include the ML audio?

My priorities were ML audio, HUD, ventilated seats, 360 camera, BSM and RCTA-B.  I therefore went for the NX Premier with pan roof.  Bought it new in September 2018. Now have an ES Takumi on order🙂.  Now that is fully loaded even over my NX.  Highlights are auto heat and cool seats, auto 2 stage heated wooden steering wheel, 14 way drivers seat with thigh extension, memory on both front seats, 1800 watt 17 speaker ML, 10.2” HUD, climate concierge, heated and powered rear seats, powered blind and rear seat controller (for heat, power recline, audio and temperature). Extremely quiet, more poke than the NX and real MPG in the 50’s.  I’ll miss the higher seating position, AWD and occasional practicality but not the poor MPG.  

Absolutely  

The Pack consists of Pan Roof,Adaptive Variable Suspension,HUD,Intelligent Parking Assist Sensors, 14 Speaker ML sound system,5 Driving Modes,Naguri Inlays,360 degrees Monitor,

BSM & RCTA.

The ES is a nice car & relatively cost effective But the Front wheel drive is not for me after years of Rear wheel drive.

I am expecting to drive in Normal Mode initially & hope to achieve c.40 mpg.Afterall it has got 2 Electric Motors & one 2.5 L engine & Indian, & 2 from 6 US reviews have clocked sub 8 seconds 0 to 62 which is good for a Chelsea Tractor.

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Absolutely  

The Pack consists of Pan Roof,Adaptive Variable Suspension,HUD,Intelligent Parking Assist Sensors, 14 Speaker ML sound system,5 Driving Modes,Naguri Inlays,360 degrees Monitor,

BSM & RCTA.

The ES is a nice car & relatively cost effective But the Front wheel drive is not for me after years of Rear wheel drive.

I am expecting to drive in Normal Mode initially & hope to achieve c.40 mpg.Afterall it has got 2 Electric Motors & one 2.5 L engine & Indian, & 2 from 6 US reviews have clocked sub 8 seconds 0 to 62 which is good for a Chelsea Tractor.

Tel

Can’t say I notice the FWD vs RWD difference in normal driving and I’ve come from GS F Sport and a modified GT86.  Only when really pushing the 86 could you feel the difference.  Almost all of my driving I’m just following the cars in front or doing around 70mph on dual carriageways.  This next 12 months I want smooth, quiet and lots of toys.  

Habu

22 hours ago, Tel said:

HUD is Standard ----See Takumi  Pack Spec which is good for the 3.5k Price.

Tel

Yes, that is an excellent package and good value considering all the additional tech you get.

Habu

My Chelsea Tractor arrived In Bristol yesterday tea-time as promised.

Ordered on the 12th. of December ,rolled off the Production Line on the 28th. of January & was shipped on the 12th. of February on The Canadian Highway.

The Ship called @ Athens & Valencia. en- route & I assume will sail to Northern Europe next..

What have I learnt having being persuaded to have a "New " 2019 Model in the absence of a Detailed Spec.

UK 2019 Stock Cars are late 2018 vehicles.

Only the Lexus Twitter Team were able to give me my 2019 Specification.

My decision to take the hit of the Stealth Tax was solely-based on the numerous US in -depth reviews & my 3 Tests in a 2016 & two 2018 Models covering c. 100 miles.

UK & US Forum Data were crucial too.

Access/Egress & Adaptable Variable Suspension were musts on what I consider is one of the Best Looking 4x4s on the Planet.

Trust I have got it right.

Tel

My car has arrived @ the Dealership today & handover is on Friday----simply cannot wait.

The Ship sailed from Bristol to Belgium & is currently on its way to Malmo.

Tel

Chelsea Tractor commissioned.

Bluetooth Connectivity rapid.

The AVS ride is Superb despite being equipped with Yokohamas tyres !

The HUD is excellent giving me the best of 3 directions, speed etc.

Voice command instant & Access/ Egress perfect.

Tel

How do I adjust the 360 degree View Screen please so it eases my entry into the garage-----the reverse camera is currently the main view.

Tel

I just push the auto button and the front camera (and top down view) show every time I drop below 7mph.  You should have reverse and top down when you engage reverse.  You can also hover over the top down view to blow up the front or rear view.

We have ordered an NX with the 360 camera but do not have it yet. For future reference, could you explain where the "auto" button is? Is it on the screen or a hard switch?