Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car

Just been out to check.  When the Auto button is lit the car shows the front or rear view plus the corresponding top down view when your speed drops below 8mph.  The top down view can be further zoomed in if your click on the front or rear of the car.  My top down view is always present whether I’m in drive or reverse.

You can see the Auto button on the bottom right corner of the screen.

D9628450-6067-4677-94D3-FECDFFDE9922.jpeg

992CA639-383F-408F-8BF1-696D51E7A509.jpeg

11EC1C37-87FB-43DF-9BA2-99F27482BF58.jpeg

Peter,

All sorted thanks to you.

Now I have to learn to trust the View & become less dependant on my mirrors.

Tried the Sport + Mode today & the change was significant so I quickly returned to D.

Tel

Have requested a hard copy for the Sat Nav as the Voice Command to a known House no.,Street & City is perfect whilst POI,s huge lists do not always include my target.

The Nav is so different to previous yet Phone Fred dials immediately & the ML is awesome.

Tel

23 minutes ago, Quietlife said:

My voice command just says 'pardon' to everything I ask it to do. It's comically bad. (Like every other voice command in every other car I've had)

Agree about voice command. I've never tried it in the NX tbh. I consider it to be technology for the sake of it, the answer to a question that nobody asked.

Are Ed & Paul really saying that if they say " Dial Home " which is in their Contacts the System says Pardon

As mine works a treat & is the very latest version I may well have the latest Nav update that will resolve your issues.

Voice Recognition used to be very cumbersome & frustrating but in my very limited experience the Phone System is perfect, the Nav excels when the full address is given & POIs are

very comprehensive &, if they do not list your preferred destination ,Google the full address.

Either way a visit to the Dealer is required

Tel

Yesterday I lost my Sat Nav Voice for 6hrs & could not figure it out. Checked every setting & visited my Dealer in Despair.

In my ignorance, the Destination Screen  shows a voice cancelation button that has the option to activate & is indicated by a fine white line.

The Nav is more like an Iphone than ever before.

@Tel

No, I said I've never used the voice control in my NX. Can't see the point, never have been able to in any of my cars. I may give it a try at some stage, but ultimately I consider it to be a gimmick.

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

@Tel

No, I said I've never used the voice control in my NX. Can't see the point, never have been able to in any of my cars. I may give it a try at some stage, but ultimately I consider it to be a gimmick.

Surely anything that allows you to control the car's systems without taking your hands off the steering wheel or your eyes off the road has to be more than a gimmick?

Unfortunately, I have never managed to get the voice control to work for me: it always does completely random things, whatever I ask of it.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, malcolmw said:

What about gesture control? BMW feature this in their latest 3 series ad. 

Now that sounds interesting. I often have a variety of well known hand gestures that I would like to make at the satnav and the car at times. :whip:

4 Points of note after my limited experience of mainly A-road driving.

AVS really works & is now fully automated .My F-Sport is very refined.

D-Mode mpg indicated is 39.5 & the more dynamic Sport Mode 38 mpg

A very silly person stepped off the curb & the car reacted faster than me.

Zero Nav issues ,still waiting for the Hard Copy from mr Dealer.

Tel

• Like 1

Up -date,

1.Struggled to Register on My Lexus but this developed my Key-Board skills & the Nav now works perfectly including Auto downloads to My Favourites in an instant.

2.Noticeable change to steering , acceleration & suspension when in Sport Mode. The car really shifts with a 10% increase in fuel consumption. Have not tested S+ yet.

3.The Gardex System,, which was included in the Deal, appears to have coated the car in Silicone. My Maguires-based suds almost disappeared on each application & wheel cleaning is the easiest ever.

Chuffed.

Tel

On 3/26/2019 at 12:16 PM, DanD said:

Surely anything that allows you to control the car's systems without taking your hands off the steering wheel or your eyes off the road has to be more than a gimmick?

Unfortunately, I have never managed to get the voice control to work for me: it always does completely random things, whatever I ask of it.

My wife fits both categories Dan and I`ll wager that I am not alone !

• 3 weeks later...

New Car Update,

200 mile return trip achieved 40.4 mpg in 90% D & 10% Sport S Modes.

Performance in Sport S Mode is excellent with AVS enabling spirited driving through S-bends. Sport S + would be better but that is for another day.

The change in Modes transforms the car's behaviour with no increase in noise but some potholes  can cause S-Mode to thump whereas D is noticeably softer.

Nav excelled save for reading a 40 side road sign that was perpendicular to the main carriage way.

A Hard Copy of the Nav Manual has arrived today.Consists of 300 pages!

Tel

IMG_0121.jpeg