Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No sound - amplifier gone?

Hi All,

Last night when I was driving my radio went silent. Volume button is not doing anything, checked CD, Bluetooth navi but still no sound... checked fuses - all good.

I believe my amplifier is gone.

Now I've tried to locate but no luck.

I'ts non ML system - I think Pioneer one with premium nav.

Can someone please point where it is hidden? Is it in the boot? Can someone please mark on the picture exactly where it is located?

Many thanks

20181214_145435.jpg

Thanks 200h I've found it.

Managed to take it out, opened the metal box and there was one screw loose and probably that was the reason why amp stopped working.

Tried to google part number to buy new/used one but no luck - based in UK.

Is there any one here who is fixing amps? How much lexus would take for inspecting/replacing amp?

Thanks

20181216_113609.jpg

try this company

https://www.car-transplants.co.uk/parts-breaking/details/lexus-is-hybrid-2013-to-2016-transmission-assembly/1/53069

the car in the picture has the premium nav / audio fitted

look at picture number 6 to check the controller you have

if this isn't the type you have then they do have cars with the standard nav in stock

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, CassanataLex said:

How would you actually remove the panel to access the amplifier? Having a little trouble here

Follow the step by step instructions here and you'll get to it.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

23 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Let us know what lexus diagnose 

What warranty do you have?

I have only just brought the car from them so guessing it’s there used approved warranty? Or something

but I absolutely love it. What a car. 

the issue is the same as the original post but my sound is fine one minute then gone the next. Hoping it’s not one of them things where they need to catch it not working to find the fault.

im speaking to the Lexus garage tomorrow so will update after.

On 5/21/2022 at 9:49 PM, Nickyt211 said:

Did anyone find out the cause of this? My car has just started doing this intermittently and it’s under warranty still so want to get lexus to fix it 

Please give the name of the Dealer from whom you bought the car Nicky.

There are warranties and there are warranties and we will use that information to try to guide you towards a resolution.👍

7 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Please give the name of the Dealer from whom you bought the car Nicky.

There are warranties and there are warranties and we will use that information to try to guide you towards a resolution.👍

It was Lexus Leicester inchcape I think. I rang them today and the saleswoman said she would speak to the workshop and get back to me. They have been really good with everything so far on it.

the sound came and went 3 times on the hour drive home but has been working fine today on the commute to work. 

39 minutes ago, Nickyt211 said:

It was Lexus Leicester inchcape I think. I rang them today and the saleswoman said she would speak to the workshop and get back to me. They have been really good with everything so far on it.

the sound came and went 3 times on the hour drive home but has been working fine today on the commute to work. 

Do please make a note of all that is said to you by the Dealer. I Imagine that you were issued with a 12 month warranty--do you have any details of that warranty Nicky ?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, johnny laff said:

I have the same problem I was told to take the amp out put it on a radiator in the house for a few days dry it out then remove the top check for white powder and clean contacts is this right anyone

Sounds odd they would tell you to do that. Not saying it isn't true but the dealer should have said "bring the car tous" instead no?

• 1 month later...

hi all

I only just found/joined this forum because I am having the same problem with my 2014 is 300h  f sport  (and praying that I will find the only inexpensive issue associated with Lexus 🙄)

my issue is identical to winrris with all systems using sounds being silent,  but there was a couple of things happened when it first started that I didn't notice anyone else mentioning, 

I noticed a noise that sounded like a cooling fan whirring for about 3 months previous but it was so quiet that I thought it was just I hadn't noticed it before, it seemed to come from behind where the cd player etc is located, I bumped my knee against the centre console and the noise went quiet for a few seconds and started again, im saying this because the night the audio stopped working there was a much louder fan noise when I started the car which weirdly stopped when was turning to the left but started again as the steering wheel centred again,  I stopped to go into a shop n when I started the car again the noise was gone, I only realised 20 minutes later that although my phone was connected to the Bluetooth there was no sound and after checking the radio n sat nav  realised it was the whole audio system gone,

has anyone experienced anything similar when their audio failed?  Any advice or insights would be much appreciated, 

apologies for the book I've just written im brand new to this and wanted to give as much detail as I could, 

Thanks in advance 

Big T

On 2/17/2023 at 4:51 PM, Big T said:

hi all

I only just found/joined this forum because I am having the same problem with my 2014 is 300h  f sport  (and praying that I will find the only inexpensive issue associated with Lexus 🙄)

my issue is identical to winrris with all systems using sounds being silent,  but there was a couple of things happened when it first started that I didn't notice anyone else mentioning, 

I noticed a noise that sounded like a cooling fan whirring for about 3 months previous but it was so quiet that I thought it was just I hadn't noticed it before, it seemed to come from behind where the cd player etc is located, I bumped my knee against the centre console and the noise went quiet for a few seconds and started again, im saying this because the night the audio stopped working there was a much louder fan noise when I started the car which weirdly stopped when was turning to the left but started again as the steering wheel centred again,  I stopped to go into a shop n when I started the car again the noise was gone, I only realised 20 minutes later that although my phone was connected to the Bluetooth there was no sound and after checking the radio n sat nav  realised it was the whole audio system gone,

has anyone experienced anything similar when their audio failed?  Any advice or insights would be much appreciated, 

apologies for the book I've just written im brand new to this and wanted to give as much detail as I could, 

Thanks in advance 

Big T

Update, I got into the car today and immediately heard the same fan whirring type of noise louder than before, as I drove it I took a right turn and lo n behold the noise vanished.... until I had turned and the steering wheel returned to centre the noise was back and continued until I turned the car off, im no mechanic but how the hell could turning a steering wheel right have an effect on a fan like noise coming from somewhere under the centre console towards where the heated/cooling seats buttons are? I don't want to go to Lexus over here with no idea what it could be because I have not had good experiences with them the last 4 years, 

Would really appreciate any ideas or knowledge. 

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

How does one know if the mark levinson thing is fitted to the car or just the normal stereo instead?

It is usually labelled on the audio unit and/or the speakers

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

How does one know if the mark levinson thing is fitted to the car or just the normal stereo instead?

It will say on the panel in front of the gearstick. In models that dont have it its just a blank black panel. 

800_MarkLevinson.jpg

• Thanks 1