Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiper blades/rubber

Sorry if this has been posted by someone before.

Has anyone chaged their wiper bladesrubber  on their car. i find the wipers on the IS300H wipes well overall , but i feel sometimes feel it's making tpo much noise when it's slightly wet and it;s wiping away. It;s a screeching noise, i think all that Lexus leicester does is just change the rubber when i told them during the first year of ownership, maybe it's just Leicester.

has anyone just replaced the whole blade itself or just the rubber and how is it possible ? any recmmendations ?

wiper refills are about £26.00 a pair so not cheap

if you give yourself 5 minutes you can do the job

and be finished, i've replaced the rubbers a few times

over the years and they have always worked well afterwards.

1) get the end of the wiper rubber and stretch it about 1/2" to release the lug on the end of the blade out of the recess on the refill

2) the pull the wiper rubber at 90° to the blade to remove the refill

3) remove the long metal strips

4) re-fit metal strips into the new refill

5) slide refill into blade making sure the lug on the end of the blade locates in the recess in refill

9 minutes ago, Bob99 said:

Wait for the 50% offers at eurocarparts and buy the Denso wipers for about £20, these are the original fit. 

That's about what I paid my dealership to replace the blades at the last service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 5:01 AM, rayaans said:

Yh the denso ones are the original on the 3is. 

Lexus dealers just change the rubber inserts usually which does the job. The blades are cheaper from carparts4less

You are right  Lexus dealers just replace the rubber, well for Lexus Leicester anyway, i saw them doing in first year of my cars ownership on my car dash cam. whatever rubber they use is of rubbish quality, didn't work well for long and made screeching noises soon after. As recommended by you guys I've replaced the whole part with Denso OEM wipers and they perform like as new when i first got my car.. Now I'm not worried whether it rains or partially rains as its absolute bliss to see the wipers doing its job without annoying me..

13 minutes ago, mpls said:

You are right  Lexus dealers just replace the rubber, well for Lexus Leicester anyway, i saw them doing in first year of my cars ownership on my car dash cam. whatever rubber they use is of rubbish quality, didn't work well for long and made screeching noises soon after. As recommended by you guys I've replaced the whole part with Denso OEM wipers and they perform like as new when i first got my car.. Now I'm not worried whether it rains or partially rains as its absolute bliss to see the wipers doing its job without annoying me..

The rubber inserts will be Lexus/Toyota ones made by denso. I used to buy them on eBay from Lexus UK and fit them myself before I knew about the denso wipers on ecp. 

I wouldn't say there's any difference in changing rubbers Vs buying new complete blades apart from feeling like better value for money when buying the whole unit

21 hours ago, rayaans said:

The rubber inserts will be Lexus/Toyota ones made by denso. I used to buy them on eBay from Lexus UK and fit them myself before I knew about the denso wipers on ecp. 

I wouldn't say there's any difference in changing rubbers Vs buying new complete blades apart from feeling like better value for money when buying the whole unit

I'm not so sure  for Lexus leicester, for my last car i thnk they just replaced the rubber and it was terrible likewise with my current car in its first year. I just think they sourced non denso rubber. at least with the whole denso wiper ypu'll know it's all genuine..

maybe Sytner ( previous owner of lexus Leicester) were cutting corners..

18 minutes ago, mpls said:

I'm not so sure  for Lexus leicester, for my last car i thnk they just replaced the rubber and it was terrible likewise with my current car in its first year. I just think they sourced non denso rubber. at least with the whole denso wiper ypu'll know it's all genuine..

maybe Sytner ( previous owner of lexus Leicester) were cutting corners..

My wiper insets were first changed according to the Lexis service schedule at 20k miles and again just before I purchased the car at 40k miles (both Lexus Reading). Currently done 70k miles and feeling they probably need replacing again - so between 20k and 30k miles per set of inserts - not sure how typical that is? 

26 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

My wiper insets were first changed according to the Lexis service schedule at 20k miles and again just before I purchased the car at 40k miles (both Lexus Reading). Currently done 70k miles and feeling they probably need replacing again - so between 20k and 30k miles per set of inserts - not sure how typical that is? 

I have the wipers renewed every 12 months, usually at service time, maybe sooner. Small pennies for a clear screen..

hi ,just read the thread on wipers ,changed mine just before winter [dec] started,as they swiped they left like misted windows, foggy,all the way home down a63 terrible noisy.went to clean car screen found like a glaze on screen so cleaned with 000 steel wool whole screen ,then with clearglass window cleaner. now no noise and smooth operation,hope this helps

1 hour ago, polish said:

hi ,just read the thread on wipers ,changed mine just before winter [dec] started,as they swiped they left like misted windows, foggy,all the way home down a63 terrible noisy.went to clean car screen found like a glaze on screen so cleaned with 000 steel wool whole screen ,then with clearglass window cleaner. now no noise and smooth operation,hope this helps

Funny you should say that. Was just thinking of changing my wiper blades but in the last week I have covered around 1000 miles up and down the motorways and in the North in particular with a lot of salt thrown onto the car off the roads. I was having to constantly keep wiping the windscreen with spraying plenty of screen wash and the wipers are now working perfectly again. I guess the slightly abrasive salt has scoured the windscreen clean! Pity the rest or the car is still caked in dirt though! 

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links