Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have read lots of posts about adjusting the headlight aim but still don’t know if I have horizontal adjustment or just vertical.

Got standard halogens and not HID, I am assuming the vertical adjustment is done on the 8mm bolt head at rear of lamp by the dip bulb cover?

also can anyone confirm if there is horizontal adjustment on halogen lamps?

You've got both horizontal and vertical adjustment.

See the attached instructions.

The horizontal adjustment screw is not easy to find, as I recall - but it's about three years since I fiddled with mine!

headlight aim adjustment.jpg

Actually, you probably need the whole page so here is the full thing in 2 jpgs (I tried pdfs but the quality was rubbish)

( A couple of clicks on the images should bring them up to a reasonable magnification)

headlight aim adjustment.jpg

Headlight adjustment prep.jpg

• Thanks 1

PS - not sure which bolt you refer to without going looking, but it has nothing to do with adjustment. The adjusters are two notched wheels each side - I vaguely remember that they are behind the trim strip which goes along the wing edge.

He was asking about a IS220D last time he posted (about heated mirrors not working). I assume this is too - extra or replacement car? - and he is posting here on the IS250/IS220D forum!

Just been having a look ad mine appears to be different to the picture I cannot find either of those screws.

looking through the hole on inner wing there is nothing there just a blank in headlight.

my height has adjusted in this screw I mentioned above.

798C250E-846F-40A1-B374-71D2C69D7D83.jpeg

13711E6B-1579-4696-9200-26776ADC1D17.jpeg

4BFE5F89-7B39-4279-86D7-C418C357195D.jpeg

Ah..yes - you see the bolt is actually part of a toothed wheel.

I said the horizontal adjustment thing is not easy to find. Have you removed the trim strip along the edge of the wing? It looks from the middle pic that it's still in place (The rubber to the top and left of the washer tube in the middle pic)

• Thanks 1

Yes I took the drivers side one off completely and lifted the passenger side,I shined a torch down and can see where it should be but there is no Phillips head that I can see just a hole.

pouring down now so I adjusted height for now I will revisit the horizontal during the week. Think I will whip air box out so I can have a good look drivers side and work it out.

also need to get a screwdriver that will go in properly as mine are insulated so don’t go in the hole very well.

so the vertical on mine is different to your one then as it’s an 8mm bolt rather than Phillips driver?

I have just looked at some pictures of headlights on fleabay now I see how they actually adjust,the horizontal is same as the vertical just down a plastic guide tube. It’s just the edge of teeth visible hence the Phillips to grip the teeth.

and the vertical is the same set up I just got on rear bolt rather than inserting driver in the teeth from above.

(Overlapped reply) yes - it's not a Phillips head It's a toothed wheel (rather like the toothed wheel you get in the rear brake drums to adjust the handbrake). The screwdriver shown in the pics I sent is just being used to flick the wheel round. See the teeth on the bolt head you turned.

(As I recall, anyway)

• Thanks 1