Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey guys ,,,, the Ls/celsior is the safe bet.

I personal think the crown is a shorter version of the toyota century which also has kept the basic retro look for a very long time until the new one came out last year... or was it this year.

Being the only v12 to come out of japan I would like a go oh god its ugly inside but its so ugly that I want it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REDESIGNED-TOYOTA-CENTURY-GZG50-5-0-V12-JAPANESE-EQ-MAYBACH-ROLLS-ROYCE/352540802166?hash=item521511bc76:g:YnUAAOSwXtNabIHH:rk:1:pf:0

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

The ZIL clone.

s-l500.jpg

Hmm, I could happily live with that, it's like an old Ford Mercury or similar, but then it's my love of American cars that first got me hooked on LS's being similar in shape.

2 hours ago, Chasdad said:

Look at this old girl . 25k kms grade 4.5

Screenshot_20181219-154940_Samsung Internet.jpg

Isn't it amazing how these cars can have such low mileage....and a 4.5 which is just about as new!  Just out of interest, what's an Elgrand like to drive?  I believe the 3.5 has the same engine as the 350Z?

8 hours ago, skyway said:

Hey guys ,,,, the Ls/celsior is the safe bet.

I personal think the crown is a shorter version of the toyota century which also has kept the basic retro look for a very long time until the new one came out last year... or was it this year.

Being the only v12 to come out of japan I would like a go oh god its ugly inside but its so ugly that I want it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REDESIGNED-TOYOTA-CENTURY-GZG50-5-0-V12-JAPANESE-EQ-MAYBACH-ROLLS-ROYCE/352540802166?hash=item521511bc76:g:YnUAAOSwXtNabIHH:rk:1:pf:0

It's ugly in a beautiful sort of way! I love the seat back covers, like something a granny would have on her armchairs.

I kinda like them maybe because they are anti IKEA and I'm against anything making me walk around in circles pushing a trolley for 5 hours with 10000 men in equal misery while my wife uses the old meatballs on a stick routine.

I have been looking on a Japanese auction site for cars, I think I might have better luck then getting one from here as the pool of celsiors tends to be a little on the small size.

The guy that runs it seems to have a lot of very good reviews from the auto industry instead of the usual made up random customer ones. 

Has anyone used this guys company?

On the idea of a elgrand has anyone had a toyota alphard they look great

On 12/19/2018 at 6:59 PM, The-Acre said:

It's ugly in a beautiful sort of way! I love the seat back covers, like something a granny would have on her armchairs.

I love them on my LS seats. Grippy and comfy.

IMG_20180624_115215.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newbie1 said:

Yes. Much tidier inside than outside. Also have them on my Soarer. Top quality 1990s Toyota OEM.

Interesting. I thought they were only fitted for the JDM. Did you buy them or were they already fitted?

I would love to get my hands on an LS400 and go full JDM with all the accessories :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Newbie1 said:

Yes. Much tidier inside than outside. Also have them on my Soarer. Top quality 1990s Toyota OEM.

And a Soarer? Have we seen pics of that? If not, why not? :biggrin:

• Like 1

Here's a couple I was shown a good few years ago should of bought but was looking at modified ones at the time
14,000 Kms
19,000 kms
Grade 5AA4f84e4211ee7428bdc52c23eb26b70e2.jpg9ccbad5a937402fd76c15d7be13738da.jpg5ca4aa165013fcd624603a93a521da1b.jpgbe810fdcdfca7c581f36bae5342b7061.jpgee5f41a4f315825c2f3c6ca751d997ba.jpgee3207eafa7f95550a759caa39cfc7b4.jpg83b9067e3eb2be876f8f61f5d9c29827.jpg02d9698cc4fba9aec9385c13cf53c29f.jpgd2f5e8ae44abb47fb79a9c9d38839c9a.jpg02f80f566089b073f2af2a769ea1a850.jpg7dbccf7daeecb6f22aa4a10100af9392.jpg20450bfc01422afccb43608aa3cc9ddf.jpg54a3c1acc33154ca5c26158123f5488f.jpg122877bb59abaf0d44d653333ec685d8.jpga44d39379e8413ab43d1b2fabb38d2a5.jpgfc00fe27578e90f9faf51e7018038a27.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, skyway said:

I do sometimes wonder why people in japan buy cars if they are not going to use them.

Its all good for us though

It's a lot to do with the Japanese public transport system being so brilliant. The very opposite end of the spectrum to Southern Rail in fact! A friend of mine has been to Japan for a holiday twice in the last two years and told me about the sincere apology passengers had for a train leaving just one minute late!

Train pulled in at the Airport. After letting out the incoming passengers, a team of ladies swept through the entire train, cleaning it all.

Best of all was the bowing.

On the Bullet train -and others - the ticket inspector entered the carriage and bowed to the carriage-and when leaving, as did the food person.

(I've seen people running for a lift being held open for them. bowing WHILE RUNNING!, in a kimono!)

Having read the rest now........Macassar was hair oil, hence Anti-macassars.

El Grand? I imported one via Algy's Autos. Good service (and they import to Avonmouth - I can see it from my garden!)  -

and the van was great to drive. Yes same engine as 350Z (and Renault Espace!)

50K miles. Pristine condition. Thinking of looking for a Soarer.......

Was fun tracking the ship across the planet to here ('disappearing' in Indian ocean; they stop sending tracking signals there, to avoid the Somali pirates!)

Was surprised to see the ship make THREE stops in Turkey!

• Like 1

We're aiming to go when the next Olympics is on. To watch the judo.  

My importer friend is going  march. To visit traders etc. Im hooing he may spot something a bit special for me then. 

Just to say the elgrand engine isnt the same as the 350zs 

2 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

Was surprised to see the ship make THREE stops in Turkey!

why surprised ???

Those 3 Wise Men and after all having Turkey for Xmas is ok isn't it  :biggrin:

Malc

sorry, couldn't resist it

Three wise men, obviously driving Lexuses.(probably RXs, given the desert conditions?)

Frankinsense, however comes from arabian peninsula. Somali pirates often try to steal in as it's worth a high price per kilo, as it's hard to get.

See 'Shadow of the Silk road' by Colin Thubron.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links