Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having just bought a solar trickler with an OBD connection we can't find the port. My wife has been looking trying to save my arthritic back more pain, alas she says it's not where I thought it was. Namely D/S under dash. Does anyone have a diagram or a pic showing the precise location?

Many thanks.

7 minutes ago, IanA2 said:

Having just bought a solar trickler with an OBD connection we can't find the port. My wife has been looking trying to save my arthritic back more pain, alas she says it's not where I thought it was. Namely D/S under dash. Does anyone have a diagram or a pic showing the precise location?

Many thanks.

My Lexus Dealer told me where mine was Ian.

Thanks. Had a look at that earlier, it didn't seem to help, possibly because it's LHD. MrsIA2 thinks there's no port which is why a (real life) pic/diagram would help

If it’s a Gen 2 car, it is under the drivers dash, under a black cover (just to the side of the bonnet lever).

I might have a pic, I’ll have to have trawl through my pics on the laptop later.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

3 minutes ago, TigerFish said:

If it’s a Gen 2 car, it is under the drivers dash, under a black cover (just to the side of the bonnet lever).

I might have a pic, I’ll have to have trawl through my pics on the laptop later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's pretty much what I thought, a pic would be great otherwise I'll have to risk my ancient back and find it tomorrow...!!

The port may have a cover on it that makes it difficult to see, mine did and i missed it at first.

The port is usually under the steering wheel regardless of left or right hand drive.

44 minutes ago, Farqui said:

The port may have a cover on it that makes it difficult to see, mine did and i missed it at first.

The port is usually under the steering wheel regardless of left or right hand drive.

Ian can always connect it directly to the 12 volt Battery if he cannot locate the OBD , it or does not have one, or  he is reluctant to ask his local Dealer !

15 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Ian can always connect it directly to the 12 volt battery if he cannot locate the OBD , it or does not have one, or  he is reluctant to ask his local Dealer !

The dealer will tell me what I already know, it’s under the dash on driver side. I know there is one as I’ve had readings from it before.

If I had a pic, I could see precisely where the port is and not have to spend a minute more than absolutely necessary in agony.

• Like 1

That's pretty much what I thought, a pic would be great otherwise I'll have to risk my ancient back and find it tomorrow...!!

Couldn’t find a pic I’m afraid mate.

If you sit in the drivers seat, find the bonnet catch, and then move slightly over towards the centre of the car, you should feel the cover. Once you’ve found it the first time, you can plug and unplug stuff whilst seated.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

20 minutes ago, TigerFish said:

Couldn’t find a pic I’m afraid mate.

If you sit in the drivers seat, find the bonnet catch, and them move slightly over towards the centre of the car, you should feel the cover. Once you’ve found it the first time, you can plug and unplug stuff whilst seated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

If the above does not help, I took mine to Lexus and asked them to remove the plastic cap covering the OBD Port and let it drop down by its thread thus exposing the Port and its location for you.

Hope that helps Ian.