Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Duncan, is your OSR housing broken? 

There appear to be several options over the years - check here for part numbers/etc; https://lexus.7zap.com/en/eu/lexus+gs/334510/gws191r-bexqhw/4/8111/813663a/#81565

813663A.png

Teasing back the boot liner is fairly straight forward on the passenger side with the 12v Battery having a separate small section.  Tease out a few clips and you should have pretty good access to the light.  You might be able to gain sufficient access to remove the lamp bolts via the pop out plastic panel but access will be limited.

Here you'll see how to disconnect the wiring; http://www.lexomans.com/manguide-560.html then it'll just be a matter of 3 or 4 small bolts to removing the housing.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Brill, thanks for the advice Lee. 

Yes its the outer unit in the image above that is broken. I've managed to get one for £50 off eBay. Looks identical with the wiring and backing plate attached so hopefully just plug and play once I manage to remove the old unit.

It looks to me like the unit is only held on with one fixing in the image above and also the pics of the one I've bought look the same. We will see!

Hopefully have the unit on Friday and fit over the weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well fitted the new unit over the hols. Very easy to change. The second hand light cluster had the wiring attached. All I had to do was remove the Battery cover and a few more plastic tabs to get the lining back far enough to reach in and undo 3 fixing bolts which are very lightly torqued. Plugged in the new unit and bolted up, all working 😊

Probably a 10 minute job if you've done it before. Took me half an hour being cautious.

IMG_20181230_160645337.jpg

IMG_20181230_160650810.jpg

• Thanks 1