Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus CT200h sel

Bullmastiff

Hi all I’m new to this forum I need some help regarding my Lexus CT200h year 2011 the car is fully loaded apart from not having cruise control which is disappointing. I wanted to add the cruise control stalk I did some researching and was told by many peeps I can do this if I buy an original stalk I now have this but want to fit it I have found images and instructions how to do this, does anyone here know if it will work once it’s been installed ? 

Thanks in advance 

3563D00C-5F20-4B3F-AD90-551ACF262192.jpeg

Hello.  I am amazed your SE-L hasn't got it.  I don't suppose the stalk has been snapped off by accident has it?  I only ask as if my steering wheel is turned 90 degrees when I get out of the car I hit it with my knee and I always worried about snapping it off.  Do you have the crash protection cut off switch fitted.? You have to look upwards above the pedals 

On 12/21/2018 at 3:03 PM, 200h said:

store the radio stations you listen to

Hi thanks for advice re Battery.

the one I have is the original cc so will that still work? Also if I disconnect Battery and once finished and reconnect do I need to do anything else 

yes plug and play

press the button on the end of stalk and you will see the CC emblem illuminated

press the stalk down once when doing 30mph 'ish and the word SET will appear

cruise control is working

The only thing which is missing from CT200 cars without cruise contol is the cruise control switch. All of the software, the throttle servo, the wiring loom is already there. Its simply not worth Lexus time to fit and entirely different set of kit to a car which doesnt have cruise control.. Reactive cruise control isn't the same  situation. I the case of reactive cruise control retro fitting, you need more stuff and I think that the earlier cars  also don't have the necessary wiring loom/ software for the reactive system.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:03 PM, 200h said:

store the radio stations you listen to

Hi thanks for advice re Battery.

the one I have is the original cc so will that still work? Also if I disconnect Battery and once finished and reconnect do I need to do anything else 

just remove the blanking plate on the side of the steering wheel

insert the switch and fasten in place with 2 screws m5 i think

and put the white plug in the vacant socket in the steering wheel

So I don’t need to take off the air bag from steering wheel ? It’s all done from the blanking plate? And can I get to the m5 screw holes from just removing the blanking plate ?

i really do appreciate your help thanks 

So I don’t need to take off the air bag from steering wheel ? It’s all done from the blanking plate? And can I get to the m5 screw holes from just removing the blanking plate ?

i really do appreciate your help thanks 

if you can measure where the center of the stalk is you should be able to

mark up the old blanking cover and drill a hole in it then on the rear side

place a piece of thin rubber to go around the stalk this will keep the dust

out of the steering wheel like on the original.

I understand what your saying seems simple but I only get once chance get it wrong then I need an original trim. Do you know where I could get one from or find a part number?

regards 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links