Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX300 new car question

Hi  

Loving my new NX300 sport premium which i collected a few weeks ago and i recently noticed the steering wheel switches are not lit up. Is this normal as i cannot see the switches and keep declining calls in the dark.

Also the driver side door switches do not light up. Windows, door lock and mirror adjustment so again I’m struggling to see which switch unlocks the car when im collecting passengers for example. 

The passenger door window switch is lit up. 

Just seems very odd and hope someone can shed some light on this. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, jbi507 said:

Just checked my NX, every single button/switch lights up when the headlight comes on. 

Something is clearly wrong with yours and you need to book it in with lexus. 

Huge thanks for that. Lexus phoned me back at 5 tonight and said they had double checked and that they think a fuse has blown so i need to book it in for them to sort although tempted to do it myself. Slightly disappointed with the inconvenience of having to take it back after 4 weeks but these things happen. Love the car just struggling to get above 35 mpg :-). Thanks again. 

No Worries. Also regarding the fuses, it uses the new tiny style fuses (assuming it's the fuses in the car cabin). Unless you have some laying around you'll have to pay over the odds from somewhere like Halfords for a pack. 

The most I've gotten from my car is about 38mpg, after 10 weeks (from new). But I don't really try to be economical 😅

10 minutes ago, jbi507 said:

No Worries. Also regarding the fuses, it uses the new tiny style fuses (assuming it's the fuses in the car cabin). Unless you have some laying around you'll have to pay over the odds from somewhere like halfords for a pack. 

The most I've gotten from my car is about 38mpg, after 10 weeks (from new). But I don't really try to be economical 😅

Thanks. I’ll get it booked in. Appreciate the info. 

On 12/20/2018 at 10:33 PM, Cobylu said:

Huge thanks for that. Lexus phoned me back at 5 tonight and said they had double checked and that they think a fuse has blown so i need to book it in for them to sort although tempted to do it myself. Slightly disappointed with the inconvenience of having to take it back after 4 weeks but these things happen. Love the car just struggling to get above 35 mpg :-). Thanks again. 

I spoke to a local owner before buying my RX and he struggled to get 33mpg. My RX450h regularly exceeds that. 

Make sure you watch the YouTube video on hybrid driving

• Like 1

19 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

I spoke to a local owner before buying my RX and he struggled to get 33mpg. My RX450h regularly exceeds that. 

Make sure you watch the YouTube video on hybrid driving

Thanks. Will do. 

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

I get between 39-42mpg without trying in my NX. Mainly driven on local lanes and C-Roads, hardly any motorway driving. 

I think thats whats killing mine as i do a mixed amount of motorway/A/town driving but lately mainly motorway. I’m getting used to it more and its creeping up as i’m being a bit lighter on the pedel.