Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phone screen mirroring.

Mate of mine, has just upgraded his RS6 with an android powered head unit.  Got to say, really impressed, he just talks to it like a google home speaker, and it works really well.

Made me wonder if there would be anyway to do the same with a phone stored permanently under the armrest using mirror link.  Looked into it and mirrorlink sound like a bag of poo!

I did come across this though, a few videos on youtube as well, seems to work reasonably well.

https://www.caraudioexpress.co.uk/beat-sonic-if-04ep

just not sure I could justify the cost though, just for showing my phone screen on the car screen,.  Seems a much simpler option would be just to buy a phone mount for the car and connect via Bluetooth, or even mount a tablet infront of the screen.  

Anyone done anything similar?

Daz.

I have just bought a 2015 is300h Advance which I love but the infotainment system is very counter intuitive and cumbersome to say the least, so I am looking for a similar solution. I have tried at length to get mirrorlink to work from my android phone but no joy...

I have bought a heater vent mount for my phone from Halfords for 12 quid and use google maps and music over Bluetooth which works fine. 

Google works well, I just say "ok google, navigate to... " and up comes the map screen with the route, so much easier than messing with the menu system and putting in a postcode! Plus my maps are out of 3 years out of date and i don't want to fork out whatever the dealer wants to charge for an update when google is always up to date.

I would like to find a more elegant solution though... but not for £350!

Interested to find out how other people work with the Nav/info being as cumbersome as it is?

Steve

the nav doesn't bother me as i use it very rarely

if it takes me a few minutes to set the nav its not a huge amount of time

for me as long as it gets me there i'm happy