Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT200h service plan

matinzk

Hi everyone. 

We've got a CT200h with roughly 66k miles on it. It was purchased about 6 months ago and the service is due march 2019. The next service is the intermediate one. 

The local lexus dealer is offering the next 3 services for a fixed price of £825. This is £275 for each service including the parts and labour. 

They tell me that at today's rate without the service plan, the intermediate service would be £215 and the full service will be £395.

Is the proce for the service plan worth it at all? I know this has been asked many times, however the threads are slightly old. 

Let's say for the upcoming intermediate plan , which is £215, will I have to pay extra when they change the oil, air filters etc? Considering that I've never dealt with this type of thing before. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thank you. 

No, £215 includes all the parts needed to carry out all the must replace items in the service schedule. Oil, filters etc. are all items replaced as part of the service schedule. The only things it doesn't include are other things which may be spotted during a service like re-gassing the AC or replacing a door seal and the dealer shouldn't do any of that without clearing it with you first.

You can view a list of prices and download the service checklists from the Lexus website to see exactly what each service covers: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/

I didn't bother with a service plan but if you know you are going to keep the car for all the services it means the price is locked in and won't go up so it is worth considering.

Lexus servicing is a bit more expensive that some other makes but I've found it to be far more thorough, e.g. including a wheel alignment check every 2 years.

As your car is over 5 years old it does qualify for the "essential" care option which is cheaper. It skips out some of the more minor checks but covers the main mechanical steps like changing the oil.

• Thanks 1

My car is on the cusp of the 60k service (major/expensive) and 5+ year Essential Care Servicing (heavily reduced prices). The plan I was quoted for was not cheaper overall but for those with cars under 5 years old most plans seem to be worth it. 

Another reason I rejected the service plan was hopeful negotiation tactics. Haggling many things at full RRP is common and often doable these days (if you feel confident/cheeky enough).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links