Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, I've been checking in the boot for rust today.

Thankfully it is OK for rust but I have found a grey/white lead with what appears to be a silver, single pin, phono plug on the end. It is in the offside of the boot under the floor carpet but there is nothing in there to plug it into. The space is empty. There are a number of threaded studs to possibly mount something on ?

Does anyone know if something has been removed and if so what?

The car is a 1998 Ls400. I've owned it for about a year now and In over 50 years of car ownership I can honestly say this is by far the best.

I believe it's the antenna wiring for the car phone. They were all pre wired from the factory but yours never got the unit in the boot or the phone in the armrest fitted it would seem. Mine is the same. 

Matt. 

Yes, I have the same lead going nowhere under my 1998 LS400 offside boot carpet. I had assumed, until now, that it might have been where a Thatcham Tracker unit resided that I know my car did once have, but has since been removed. But Matts explanation now sounds more likely.

I assumed it was a mobile phone connection, did not know they were pre-wired.

I guess it was from the days when mobile phones needed a brick sized charger and cradle in the boot and connection to external attenna.

Forwarding thinking chaps these Japs, shame they did not predict the rise of Bluetooth when building the Mk4, as it was around at that time. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links