Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Firstly Happy Christmas to all, secondly as a newby to the LS400 (last variant) how far up the LS food chain does the real sense of quality extend only to the 430 or  is it still there in the 460 before weight culling took hold in the drive for fuel efficiency  ?

Finally on the gold member section, are LS cars regularly advertised and sold by members or is it dealers adverts please ?

Cheers all.

5 hours ago, Wisemonkey said:

Firstly Happy Christmas to all, secondly as a newby to the LS400 (last variant) how far up the LS food chain does the real sense of quality extend only to the 430 or  is it still there in the 460 before weight culling took hold in the drive for fuel efficiency  ?

Finally on the gold member section, are LS cars regularly advertised and sold by members or is it dealers adverts please ?

Cheers all.

Happy Christmas to you and your family. Beware of any cars sold in the West Midlands by someone with a name like Lexuslegend, Lexuschamp or anything similar. His cars are full of trouble as many of his past customers can attest to. He also has a criminal record which he picked up last year for selling cars illegally. I would have thought that genuine LOC members cars sell fairly easily and dealers tend to hang around because of the prices they ask. Hope this helps.

I have a 400 and have been reluctant to move on to more modern models. They may be as well made and the quality may be the same, but they come with a lot of additional technology, which may potentially be problematic / expensive to fix. Just my take on it.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wisemonkey said:

Cheers all.

To be honest LS's rarely come up for sale here as owners tend to keep hold of them.  Nothing to stop private ads though.  The LS400 V8 is still considered today to be one of the finest ever built, some say it is the best.  It's worth noting that that same bomb proof engine is the same one that's fitted to the LS430, with just a bit of tweaking.  

that black one's still for sale on here  !

I am tempted simply coz it's black and I have never ever seen a Ls400 in black .........  probably special spec order maybe :biggrin:

BUT having just taken delivery of my front UCAs from Amayama at £450 before fitting I think I'll just carry on with the dear old lady ☺️

Malc