Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The LC500h Has Gone.

Jules640

After 15 months of ownership I have sold my LC500h. 

It was as though the car knew it’s time was up in the last few days as the problems just kept on getting worse. The fuel filler flap stopped working completely and just wouldn’t open at all. The high beam assist packed up and the navigation decided that it would no longer accept postcodes that need a space in them.

Apart from the looks, it is undoubtedly the worst car that I have ever owned for things not working as they should. Very disappointing and I certainly won’t be buying another Lexus. 

My new car is leagues ahead in terms of technology. The Lexus feels 20 years out of date. The interior lighting is more basic than a Ford Fiesta and certainly not what I would expect from an £80,000 car. If the interior and the technology on the Lexus could match the premium manufacturers then I’m sure they would sell a lot more of them. As it is, in my opinion, it is a very under developed vehicle. 

Good luck to all the LC500 owners on here and I hope that you don’t experience all the problems that I did. 

its very unfortunate that you have had problems with your car, i had the alarm problem which took 3 months to sort out, touch wood its been ok so far, i also had a minor problem with the fuel cap but with a quart of WD 40 seems to have sorted that out.

IMO how much you pay for something does not always mean you are not going to have problems, or in the case of a car have trouble free motoring.

one train coach cost 1mill + and look at the problems they have, even Concorde and the space shuttle costing millions of even billions have had there very sad problems ,one caused by a £1 O ring, so what ever you pay, not every thing will be 100%.

i hope you are very happy with your new car and i wish you happy and trouble free motoring.

16 minutes ago, wendle said:

its very unfortunate that you have had problems with your car, i had the alarm problem which took 3 months to sort out, touch wood its been ok so far, i also had a minor problem with the fuel cap but with a quart of WD 40 seems to have sorted that out.

IMO how much you pay for something does not always mean you are not going to have problems, or in the case of a car have trouble free motoring.

one train coach cost 1mill + and look at the problems they have, even Concorde and the space shuttle costing millions of even billions have had there very sad problems ,one caused by a £1 O ring, so what ever you pay, not every thing will be 100%.

i hope you are very happy with your new car and i wish you happy and trouble free motoring.

It is my understanding that the O ring was not designed to be launched at low temperatures. It was NASA Management that ignored the manufacturers advice and launched the Shuttle, that caused the disaster.

• Like 1

That's very unfortunate and must be disappointing for you. A good friend of mine and fellow Lotus Anorak has his Aston Martin softop for sale in the Hedge End dealership (it's on the upper floor of the Lotus section) at the moment and over our annual Lotus Christmas Dinner asked me about the LC 500.

I said from my limited experience of Lexus they were very well made and pretty bombproof plus compared to the cars we usually run very cheap on serving.

I would hasten to add that neither of us would entertain a Hybrid yet so it would be the full fat V8 model. I said go try it because as I found with my RCF the Jekyll and Hyde characteristics of these cars can altered to suit how you feel like driving at that moment in time and not many cars can do that.

He will not thank me for recommending one if things like the filler flap play up because we have moved on from the days when bits kept falling off our Lotus cars.