Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What! No CarPlay!?!

Habu

6 hours ago, HappyLexi said:

No not at all.  Edinburgh.  Don't have an exact date but confident its April, just not sure what week, I'm diarised to get a booking once the software delivery is firmed up.  Tech's have had their training on the install, my delivery dealer, Leeds, said the same thing i.e. tech's have had the training course just waiting on the installer pack.  All seems above board 🙂

Thank you, appreciate David. 

Well - I suffer from Gadget Paranoia -  announcement is on the Lexus Poland as well.

Google Translated, relevant information (copy/paste),..

Owners of cars with the '17 multimedia system (for example, the NX model after facelift) will be able to update apple CarPlay and Android Auto ™ software. The update will be available in Q2 2020. Details from authorized Lexus dealers.

I'll try and ring Lexus Leeds tomorrow and Lexus UK customer services.

• Like 2

Knowledge sharing post. In the past, I have done a few updates myself by visiting https://www.lexus-tech.eu ( registration is free, but for viewing ( Technical Service Bulletin) TSBs a subscription is required - I am not covering details). 

In the past, I have updated my wife's CT, and Last IS for map updates bug fixes etc. It's all software and hardware, and things can go wrong if not careful (caution!).

However, I think playing with TSB is a grey area if the car is in warranty. Out of warranty, I would drop the idea, to begin with!! I justify my statement based on this screenshot's wording. 

image.thumb.png.8ac4c9d705c63a5c10d12a3405e8774c.png

I updated my NX's MEU (Multimedia Extension Unit) and DCU (Display Control Unit) to BE-00143L-TME yesterday since I noticed a lot of bugs over time, such as: satnav would occasionally show  that I am driving in the fields, audio hangups, screen freezes etc etc, lot of other minor things to the point when I started my car the other day, and the display booted to green color (all hulk green) power cycle fixed it but it happend on two random occasions - I know it is cold these days 🙂  but this was a software glitch all fixed after the update, could have taken it to the dealer but I love tech.  After the update the map rendering is slicker, phonebook names show up as opposed a phone number only (was intermittent problem) etc etc. 

image.thumb.png.97a0cf9f624fd867e0e5c4c199059ddb.png

image.thumb.png.450b9a1a6bec57fc01c4839673441119.png

The crazy green screen (its not photoshop - did anyone get it ?  it a screenshot from video I made to show it to dealer if needed)

image.thumb.png.e9f0cb8a8e1d5806ab2d1607a2abb47a.png

Of course, this post is about AC and AA, so let me get back to the point since everyone is desperately waiting for AA and AC integration. The good news is it is coming. Lexus Leeds did confirm to me as well last week, April is the buzz word, no guidance on pricing/free etc. but it is a yes. 

Back to TSB @pobrown mentioned BE-00197L-TME ( thanks for sharing). The update files are there to download, 🙂 but it is not for our Nav it is for MM19 (Pioneer) systems. Our, or at least my Lexus Premium Navigation is L2 DCU, a Panasonic unit.  

image.thumb.png.d82dd176846aa047350ec8e07129ec85.png

The process of upgrading is simple, and it states not to proceed with Lexus enform suite as part of the update (so it is optional - we don't have it in UK anyway - US only). Also, notice that TSB states All Markets. There is also a mention of warranty clause i.e. 

Once the upgrade has been performed, register the upgraded vehicle through the warranty channel. Please refer to the last page of the TSB "Registration of the retrofit through the warranty channel". Once the upgrade has been performed, the reverse operation is not possible.

It also states - No parts replacement is necessary, i.e. only the software component (update) is required. 

Various Lexus TSBs for NX clearly states two types of or perhaps three types of units, i.e. L1.5 or L2 CY17 DCU (Panasonic units) and L1 CY17 DCU (Pioneer units).

L2 unit codes are - 17LDL2EU-DB0X

L1 unit codes are 19LDL1EU-EBPA and 17LDL1EU-EB02

Indeed L1 units have no satnav ( screen from TSB is the proof) I am however, baffled that in this day and age a car can exist without a satnav - lol especially a Lexus. 

In other words people who have SatNav (L2) must wait haha - funny! 

image.thumb.png.01f83e734235b76a0e849f4e7427b196.png

Indeed, knowledge is power. Let's wait for L2 Unit software to come out - thought I'd share without numbing your mind. 

Please note my area of interest is NX only. 

I also noticed that on my Lexus_UK account now has map update available. I  updated mine via lexus-tech a while back which is 2019 v1 - time for another update 🙂

image.thumb.png.f23bd12453fea5690dfe8f32e4b2beb9.png

• Thanks 3

Updated my navdb_version this afternoon to 2019 v2.  Very easy process but having the engine running for exactly an hour is a chore.  Noticed Audio is 1010 and Nav is 1520.  Do any ES owners have different versions to me?

Cheers

Habu

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello

I am writing from Estonia. I have a 2018 LS 500h with 17LDL2EU-DB01 without AA and AP. I cannot get any information regarding the upgrade for LS. Could anyone ask a dealer in UK (or somewhere else) if there will be one? It should have the required hardware to be eligible for the Update. The US & Canada version (17LDL2NA-DB01) for the vehicle has the Update.

I apologize for writing in ES thread, but it is the first discussion that I have seen in EU regarding the question that includes some good info.

BR

Oliver

21 hours ago, jbi507 said:

@KolePaha using Lexus Spain as a benchmark, it seems only the UX, NX and ES will be retrofitted 

Same for the UK too.  It also appears that the only 2020 Lexus models coming out with AC and AA as standard is also the UX, NX and ES.

I do not believe this is model dependent. The dependency lies on the type of satnav your car has. If it has the MY2017 onwards-type satnav (the wide screen version), then it should be eligible for the upgrade. OIder versions are simply not compatible.

With regards to pricing, I have heard from an unofficial source that Lexus may pick up the tab as a gesture of good will (Yay!). I have also heard from another unofficial source that the cost could be around £350 (Boo!)

20 minutes ago, DanD said:

I do not believe this is model dependent. The dependency lies on the type of satnav your car has. If it has the MY2017 onwards-type satnav (the wide screen version), then it should be eligible for the upgrade. OIder versions are simply not compatible.

With regards to pricing, I have heard from an unofficial source that Lexus may pick up the tab as a gesture of good will (Yay!). I have also heard from another unofficial source that the cost could be around £350 (Boo!)

I’ve been informed that other 2019 models with the widescreen Nav will not be initially compatible but this is being looked at.  There are though software anomalies with the 2019 models, software wise.  For example, the 2019 ES is not compatible with Lexus Link Connected Services whilst the 2019 UX and NX are.  I’m sure they all have similar MY2017 sat navs.  I don’t know why that is.

With regards pricing I hope it’s free for AC and AA retrofitting but Toyota UK have quoted £120 for the Corolla and £150 for the Rav to have the software retrofitted.  Time will tell.

I have a 2019 ES 300H (delivered October), Lexus Derby (UK) have told me CarPlay with be retrofitable at £85, they originally told me it was FOC, also that it won't be available for retrofit until May 2020

6 minutes ago, JON C said:

I have a 2019 ES 300H (delivered October), Lexus Derby (UK) have told me CarPlay with be retrofitable at £85, they originally told me it was FOC, also that it won't be available for retrofit until May 2020

£85 would be ok so I assume a software only fix although some have muted swapping out the microphone module as part of the retrofitting process.  
Yes, seems to be May at the moment which is a bit of a pain waiting especially as the 2020 models with AC and AA as standard will be available shortly.

29 minutes ago, Exdee said:

My bad, do we know if the AA on 2020 models is wireless or wired only?

Thank you

Don’t worry about it🙂. It’s definitely wired as I’ve tried it in the 2020 RX. Wireless would kill the Battery so I’m ok with having it plugged in, it’s just a shame that the ES has the ridiculous placement of the USBs so that the cable has to be on show.  I’ve no idea why they weren’t placed in the central cubby.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It seems like that Lexus Spain has deferred the date to June this year for cars with navigation. Originally, it was April 2020 see my post (page 3). Pasting from their website...
A bit disappointing, seems like by the time they offer the upgrade it will be time to change the car. 

it feels like that the light at the end of the tunnel is a train and not hope. Where does Lexus UK stand I have no idea now ☹️

• STARTING DATES OF THE INSTALLATION CAMPAIGN

The installation campaign in its Lexus Authorized Center of the new software on compatible vehicles has begun in December 2019 for vehicles WITHOUT Navigator, and in June 2020 for vehicles WITH Navigator.

If your vehicle is compatible, we will perform the update for free on your next maintenance at your nearest Lexus Authorized Center.

50 minutes ago, Gediredi said:

Theres a lot of info on this thread and a lot is confusing.

I have an ES300h from 2019

Seems to be 17ldlmeu

I'm would want Andoid Auto.

What's the chances?

I’d say 99.9% likely from Q2 2020.

45 minutes ago, Habu said:

I’d say 99.9% likely from Q2 2020.

Thanks Habu. Is the jury out on whether it's paid or free? And do we get it automatically or do I have to specifically ask for it.

48 minutes ago, Gediredi said:

Thanks Habu. Is the jury out on whether it's paid or free? And do we get it automatically or do I have to specifically ask for it.

Don’t know yet regarding prices but it’ll be retrofitted by your Lexus Centre.  Toyota have quoted £120 for retrofitting a Corolla and £150 for the RAV4 so I’d guess a similar price.