Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why did you get the same colour......?!

Hi guys,

This was the question a couple of work colleagues asked me recently after I acquired a new IS300h (Plus Pack). It replaced my 2014 IS also in F Sport White.

My answer was that I happen to like that colour!

Here are a couple if pictures..... (sorry about my shadow! The opposite angle would have shown some crappy recycling bins!)

Anyway 120 miles on the clock and I'm loving it! Enjoying the addition of the Safety Pack.

Cheers.

Happy New Year to all members.

IMG_20181228_101838.jpg

IMG_20181228_101858.jpg

• Like 3

Apart from it being nobody's business but your own that you chose the same colour for your new car because you like it, I find it admirable 

that you didn't change just for the sake of it as many people do.   It's also a good thing that people know you have a new car.  I once changed

a BMW325i for a new 328ix in the same silver colour, and, since these were the days when it was fashionable to order a car without identifying

the model on the back, almost nobody noticed for several months.   Rather perversely, I must admit, I would chuckle to myself whenever

someone commented, as often happened, on how I kept the car looking so new.   When they finally found out, I was accused of all sorts of

things, especially about how I had been taking the p**s, but hopefully without having damaged too many long-term relationships.

• Like 1

I used to know an old gentleman who replaced his Rolls Royce every two years with a new one of the same interior and exterior colours. Because he had private plates, no one ever realised. He liked driving a new car, but felt a bit guilty about doing so and did not want to upset relatives and neighbours...

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DanD said:

I used to know an old gentleman who replaced his Rolls Royce every two years with a new one of the same interior and exterior colours. Because he had private plates, no one ever realised. He liked driving a new car, but felt a bit guilty about doing so and did not want to upset relatives and neighbours...

What a great idea it is! 

On 12/28/2018 at 10:51 PM, DanD said:

Ah, the happy days when Rolls weren't so...,  well; vulgar..

with buying 2nd hand cars i have never had the OP's question asked

as you generally dont have many colour options except for the cars

in stock at the time, when i bought my IS in April 18 only 2 cars available

1 without premium nav and a black IS with, the black car came home with me

even though i always said i would never buy another black car.

buy what makes you happy and dont care about what other people think

its your money not theirs that your spending.

Since 2007 I have had two silver and then 3 white. My new UX will be white also. My reasoning is that I only do about 4,000 miles a year, very little motorway. It’s easier to keep it looking nice in winter. Sounds strange but when it’s dirty you can wash it, rinse it, chamois the windows and leave it at that. In the heat of the summer when the car is drying faster than you can chamois the paintwork it does not show smears.

Stone chips are easier to match in to the paintwork.

I was thinking about the thread where the owner's IS300h  was hit by a lorry wheel and severely damaged and I wondered what I would do if my own IS 300h was stolen or written off. I decided pretty rapidly that I'd look for an identical replacement which must show that I'm very happy with the car. Mind you, I had it's predecessor Jag for 16 years so I don't go in for much change ( same wife for nearly  58 years now). I'm sure that we've all come across people who rave about their latest car and then a year later they're raving about a different latest car and so on year after year.

2 hours ago, reeac said:

I was thinking about the thread where the owner's IS300h  was hit by a lorry wheel and severely damaged and I wondered what I would do if my own IS 300h was stolen or written off. I decided pretty rapidly that I'd look for an identical replacement which must show that I'm very happy with the car. Mind you, I had it's predecessor Jag for 16 years so I don't go in for much change ( same wife for nearly  58 years now). I'm sure that we've all come across people who rave about their latest car and then a year later they're raving about a different latest car and so on year after year.

It was my car that was damaged by the lorry tyre on the motorway - very nearly a write off but in the end repaired superbly by Lexus. I had bought it just less that a year previously when I was told that the car may be a write off (it was two years old when I purchased it) and the first thing I did was go onto the Lexus website to see what might be available should it come to that - so like you, when I heard the possible bad news I decided straight away to replace it with another IS 300h like for like.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:02 AM, Richard1200 said:

Since 2007 I have had two silver and then 3 white. My new UX will be white also. My reasoning is that I only do about 4,000 miles a year, very little motorway. It’s easier to keep it looking nice in winter. Sounds strange but when it’s dirty you can wash it, rinse it, chamois the windows and leave it at that. In the heat of the summer when the car is drying faster than you can chamois the paintwork it does not show smears.

Stone chips are easier to match in to the paintwork.

Yes I like white for those reasons. My RX is silver as I wanted the cream interior and it is also easy to keep clean (by the handcarwash men once a week).😊

I do polish it myself and I also clean the interior which is the easiest of any car I've ever owned. 

34 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

I could argue that mesa red is the only colour in the current line up. All the rest are 50 shades of grey. But I'm biased.

I'm biased too. Replaced my Mesa red IS with a Mesa red GS!

• 3 weeks later...

I always liked dark blue/midnight blue as a colour for my cars over the years (Saabs, two Jaguars and my old Lexus IS). My current IS was not available in that colour when I bought it and as I have never been a fan of black (shows the dirt and too common) , white, silver or red (unless its a very dark shade) I'm stuck with the limited pallette from Lexus so I opted for Mercury Grey and the colour has grown on me. Having said that I notice that "Deep Blue"  is now available as an IS option so I may go for that if I replace my car with another IS when the lease is up later this year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links