Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My new Celsior with help from Phil

Well looks like the gs300 idea did not last very long, it's not that the 300 was a bad car It was infact one of the best cars I have owned being under 90k miles and solid It was just a little small for my family even my 86 year old mum grumbled  to me "oh it is not as nice as your old car or as comfortable".

I found a white 2005 celsior on eBay the guy selling it turned out to be a very nice man and very hospitable and should be joining this forum soon enough I hope.

Thanks to Phil turning up today after a crazy traffic ridden drive on the M25 today nice to have met you, your advice was invaluable.

The car has some interesting quirks come I expected some I did not (but that made me giggle).

The lady talking to me as I started the car making some sort of service announcement maybe was nice although that may wear thin so I may ask her real nice to shhhh.

The beeping while in reverse like a lorry HAS to go (if anyone knows how I will be in your debt)

The cruise control was good but much to my surprise I thought I had broken it on my 1st drive however I soon found out that It only works up to 68mph and won't set any higher which might need a new control box maybe.

Does anyone know what that little black thing is near the stereo in the red circle?

I did find there was a remote start thingy with it which was a nice thing to find I have not been able to make it work yet as It came with no instructions although I have been able to find a picture of it using google It would be nice if that worked.

One of the best things about this car is that it does not have the premium package so no air shocks and still rides lovely Tbh I was going to change the airshocks out I thought were on the car out to  coil-overs the week I bought it so happy days.

Again thanks Phil

SNC00201.jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

• Like 2

I saw that car on eBay and thought wow. She is a beauty. Your lucky as it doesn't have air shocks. I think the only thing you will need to do is replace the radiator if it hasn't already been replaced. The coolant from it starts to leak into the gearbox causing failure. 

I think the guy who sold you this one also has a dark coloured celsior but that has air suspension but it still looks nice 

It was selling for 4.5k Malc.

I saw the black one while i was there or dark blue I am not sure it looked very nice also I might have seen a Toyota century also which lived up to my very high expectations if I am honest the century is what I thought about mostly on the way home.

3 minutes ago, skyway said:

I saw the black one while i was there or dark blue I am not sure it looked very nice also I might have seen a Toyota century also which lived up to my very high expectations if I am honest the century is what I thought about mostly on the way home.

And wasn't his Century a beauty!  51 plate but looking like it rolled out of the showroom.   A marvelous Celsior you have there, unlikely another one will slip out for that kind of money.  And as far as I'm aware no UK spec 430's came without air suspension after the facelift so you have an even rarer beast there, a real bonus.  And as I mentioned, you can buy a radiator from ECP or the like and not have to make any adaptions as the Japanese setup is different to the UK, and all the aftermarket ones sold here are for the Japanese/US market, so another bonus! Enjoy!

Yeah the radiator is the next job well maybe after the speedo conversion I bought one of theses 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPEEDO-CONVERTER-DELIMITER-TOYOTA-SUPRA-CELICA-LUCIDA-SPEEDOMETER-CONVERSION/400661416049?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

If the wiring has not changed to much It should fit as the instructions are for the ls400.  

The paint on the century .... was just amazing 

16 minutes ago, skyway said:

Yeah the radiator is the next job well maybe after the speedo conversion I bought one of theses 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPEEDO-CONVERTER-DELIMITER-TOYOTA-SUPRA-CELICA-LUCIDA-SPEEDOMETER-CONVERSION/400661416049?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

If the wiring has not changed to much It should fit as the instructions are for the ls400.  

The paint on the century .... was just amazing 

In interesting device, not something I'm familiar with.  

• Like 1

Wow those Speedo converter's have gone up, they used to be £10-£15

Have you got a close up pic of the dash button you circled, can't zoom in enough on my phone

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Just glad I can get a converter always nice to pay less though

2nd photo is the remote start which I got working.

The others might be something to do with the toll road reader thingy in the centre armrest.

Last one is a police radar detector

1546104252451400531320.jpg

1546104296005880576771.jpg

154610432389753728483.jpg

15461044340362016719789.jpg

15461045252671904181356.jpg

I've got the very same thing in the very same position (the first photo) but no idea what it does. The lady speaking when you start, so I'm told, is saying you don't have a card set up to pay the auto toll charges.  I just took the satnav disc out which seems to have shut her up. Did you check to see if you have the complete flair?  I'd be interested to know if you have a device in the boot (left hand under the cover) that says something like computer parking aid. And do you have the retractable parking mast on the front nearside bumper.  You'll probably find some other "odd" things after a while, like the windscreen wash and then rinse that we talked about!  Did you discover what that thing in front of the aircon condenser does? Maybe post a photo of it?

Good idea here is something we find the light is on even when the car is off.

The flare is in there and I'm gonna set it off when I'm bored one dayimageproxy.php?img=&key=c3a43f52b720213eimageproxy.php?img=&key=c3a43f52b720213eimageproxy.php?img=&key=c3a43f52b720213e

i was thinking about the second bottle of screen wash.... when I work out which one is which I may fill one with rainx glass cleaner as the rinse there for re-applying it as I go.

15461116534181448692829.jpg

5 minutes ago, skyway said:

I think its from the Electronic Toll Collection

Possibly, but I'm not sure how you find out.  The container at the front of the car (the white one) is for the rinse.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:29 AM, skyway said:

well well well ..............  sounds like an absolute steal for a 13 year old Celsior

If you actually paid less than that then you're good at what you do :biggrin:

Reminds me when buying my 1994  Mk2  Ls400 on 8542 miles in December 2007 for £3750 from a dealer in Windsor ............  13 years old and very little money even then

Well done you

Malc

16 minutes ago, Malc said:

well well well ..............  sounds like an absolute steal for a 13 year old Celsior

If you actually paid less than that then you're good at what you do :biggrin:

Reminds me when buying my 1994  Mk2  Ls400 on 8542 miles in December 2007 for £3750 from a dealer in Windsor ............  13 years old and very little money even then

Well done you

Malc

Having seen it, ridden in it and poked my nose all over I can only say if he hadn't bought it I would have.  Not sure what I would have done with two mind. You simply wouldn't find a UK LS of that age as clean underneath. Some annoying quirks with an import but nothing that should put anyone off.  I would say this was bought for a third less than its market value.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links