Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Moonroof air resonance

I have noticed in my RX 450h with moonroof that with a complete opening there is a resonance caused by air flowing at speed around 40-50 mph that may be avoided partially closing moonroof. Have you another solution or is there some trick for this without opening a little a rear door window?

1 hour ago, Lydiamight said:

Totally agree with NemesisUK---just partially open one of your rear windows and the noise will stop

Or just forget the roof and let the climate control do its job. Every car I've had in the last 30 years, including my current RX450h, has had a sunroof and I've never opened a single one of them - it messes with my long hair too much  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When the roof closes does it stop at the midway position where there is no buffeting? My 1993 Camry does that, and I'm pretty sure my old LS400 did it too.

Mildly strange that they don't stop at the same position when opening.

Yes, there is "tilt" position , and it's possible to stop sunroof partially open, the resonance occurs when fully open (that's easier to operate giving as single command to switch).

• Like 1

When the roof closes does it stop at the midway position where there is no buffeting? My 1993 Camry does that, and I'm pretty sure my old LS400 did it too.

Mildly strange that they don't stop at the same position when opening.
I seem to remember my 400h doing the same.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Mine did that when fully open when I first bought it or at least when we first had some warm weather.  I just closed it slightly from fully open i.e. slid it forward a touch.  After a few weeks it no longer happened when fully open but no idea why.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1