Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Switching speedometer from MPH to KPH

Hi,

I've recently bought a 2014 IS 300h (Executive) , its an English Model and therefore the speedometer is in MPH. I'm wondering if there is any way to change the speedometer to KPH? I have used the settings function but this has only toggled the fuel consumption and ODO to Km. If anyone has a method to fix the speedo this please let me know. Many thanks

Regards,

Dermstev

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the info. Seems Bruno is having the same issue with his F-Sport Model. It may be the case that its only a dealer who can change this, and probably charge a fortune to do so. I'll keep searching around for info.

Regards,

Dermstev

6 minutes ago, Dermstev said:

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the info. Seems Bruno is having the same issue with his F-Sport Model. It may be the case that its only a dealer who can change this, and probably charge a fortune to do so. I'll keep searching around for info.

Regards,

Dermstev

I believe it was more than just a configuration matter, and in fact a complete new instrument cluster in order to change it.

You are definitely right about it costing a fortune.

i've just been out to my car and changed the speedo from MPH to KMH on the dash

i havent road tested but i am sure its will read in KMH

Goto

settings

general

units of measurement

change to ltr / km

you will see the speedo changing from MPH to KPH

On 12/30/2018 at 10:10 AM, Dermstev said:

Hi,

I've recently bought a 2014 IS 300h (Executive) , its an English Model and therefore the speedometer is in MPH. I'm wondering if there is any way to change the speedometer to KPH? I have used the settings function but this has only toggled the fuel consumption and ODO to Km. If anyone has a method to fix the speedo this please let me know. Many thanks

Regards,

Dermstev

As yours is the Executive model, it has a physical dial for the speedometer. The dial to the left of this can vary its display between energy or engine revolutions. It's only on the sport model where the display is much more configurable and - on some of them at least - the speedometer can switch between miles and kilometers.

If you want to convert your car, you will need a new speedometer fascia (link) and somebody willing to take your dashboard apart to install it.