Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HI GUYS AM NEW TO THE CLUB IN NEED SOME HELP

HI GUYS AM NEW TO THE CLUB I HAVE LEXUS LS400 GEN2 2000 MODEL I CANT FIGURE OUT THIS ISSUE IN NEED OF SOME HELP PLEASE

I HAVE NO CLIMATE CONTROL WORKING ITS FOZEN ON A/C MODE ON SCREEN WITH A WEIRD FLASHING DEMISTER BUTTON ON TOO.  NOTHING IS WORKING NOT EVEN A/C EVEN THOUGH ITS BUTTON SELECTED. ITS THE TOUCH SCREEN STEREO MODEL WITH SAT NAV, EVERYTHING ON THE UNIT WORKS RADIO SAT NAV.. BUT CLIMATE CONTROL, ONCE U PUSH CLIMATE BUTTON TO GO TO CLIMATE SCREEN THERES NO FAN ,NO HEAT, NO TOUCH SCREEN RESPONDING ON CLIMATE SCREEN, BUT ON EVERY OTHER SCREEN FUNCTIONS EVERYTHING WORKS IE SAT NAV RADIO SO ON. I CHECKED ALL FUSES AND FOUND A/C FUSE KEEPS BLOWING UNDER STEERING WHEEL CHANGED IT BLOWS AGAIN, SWITCHED RELAYS UNDER BONNET NO CHANGE, I UPLUGGED A/C PLUG ON A/C PUMP NO CHANGE STILL BLOWS, I TOKE ECU OUT AND FUSE BOX TO CHECK ANY LEAKS IE CAPS OR WATER INGRESS NOTHING . I GOT CAR PLUGGED IN ON DIAGNOSTICS SHOWED NO FAULTS BUT NOT READING A/C UNIT AS THINK CAUSE FUSE IS BLOWN. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP CANT DRIVE MY CAR AS WINDOWS FOG UP AND ITS SUPER COLD .. MANY THANKS

What rating is the fuse that blows? Typically the main heater fuse (something like 50 Amps) is switched via a relay and connected to the cabin blower motor - I'd check/disconnect the blower assembly as the first place to troubleshoot.

I don't have a wiring diagram for the 2000 LS400 but other posts suggest the cig. lighter can cause this fuse to blow (I would have thought it was on a separate circuit). Make sure nothing is shorting out the lighter socket and maybe just disconnect it.

Otherwise you may have to disconnect things to eliminate them. Try disconnecting the compressor clutch first.

hi thanks for reply yeah disconnected compressor still the same and checked cig lighter it works n fuse ok for cig too, i bypassed wiring hard wired to test the heater motor and heater motor works if i can get fuse to stop blowing for a/c i think climate should work i hope