Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS430 ML radio will not work

Evening.

I have just bought a '04 LS430 with the ML stereo in it.  The CD works fine, the tape seems to work (it comes up) but when I press the FM or AM buttons to get the radio on, it just does not work.  I have tried all the things that a 'google' brings up, so just looking for further suggestions please.

Things I have tried:

Checked the 2 fuses in passenger side, and the 1 fuse in the drivers side fuse box

Have removed the radio plugs at the back of the unit, and then plugged it back in.

I have disconnected the Battery.

What have I missed please? 

Nothing at all, it is as if I am not pressing the buttons. It does not seem able to select the radio. 

Aerial , now I have not checked that.  I just thought that it would have still scanned the FM frequency even without an aerial plugged in. 

I'd enter the diagnostics screen and see if any errors are displayed - the radio unit may not be detected by the system.

Once in there also go to 'Display Check' menu and then select 'Panel Switch Check' to make sure all the buttons are working correctly (e.g. the FM and AM buttons).

1560314598_ScreenShot2018-12-30at22_18_45.thumb.png.6bd69c49a64ddd33df033d5fbcca57f1.png

• Like 1

It says that the radio is not connected.  I have not looked at the other menu you mentioned to see if the buttons are working, I will get on to that today hopefully as also have to sort out a rear door that will not close.  Thanks for the advice. 

I've entered the diagnostics screen and it says the radio is not connected (NCON) and the Audio H/U it says CHECK.

In the 'Panel Switch Check' the FM and AM buttons did not do anything, but then again, neither did pressing the tape or CD buttons, and I know they work.