Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2019 MY - IS300H Range Revisions

10 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

I will be looking to run this until I get to about 200 K and then I will trade it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to hear - I have done 73K miles (64 reg) in mine to date and do about 15K miles a year - I have kept cars in the past to over 150K miles including a BMW 528i to over 200K miles which I purchased brand new (though don't do so many miles as I did these days) so your experiences will be valuable it helping time my (and I am sure others) next change.

1 hour ago, Allanb21 said:

I'm only getting 40mpg....how is everyone getting higher? 

I'm doing mix of motorway and inner city. No matter what I try it doesn't go any higher tha. 40mpg.

In built up areas you ideally need to get up to speed responsibly quickly, come off the accelerator so the EV light comes on and then press the accelerator just enough to maintain speed without the EV light going out again.

I do exactly same as Colin - my average over 2+ years of mixed driving (towns and motorway) is 48mpg on the car computer. I don't drive slowly but generally drive smoothly with good anticipation to avoid excessive braking. 

In built up areas you ideally need to get up to speed responsibly quickly, come off the accelerator so the EV light comes on and then press the accelerator just enough to maintain speed without the EV light going out again.

And the first sign of a downhill stretch get off the throttle and let the Battery recharge

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I must admit I am loving the challenge of learning to drive Hybrid - I like the coasting (downhill it runs for ages!) and looking ahead should be standard anyway!

Not a fan of braking long and slowly to get the regeneration "E" on the consumption meter - it's just how I roll 😄