Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Think it was telling me something

leelacey17

Decided to put the is250 up for sale at the start of December as I was looking at getting an estate. To be honest I didn't put my heart into selling it so stuck it up on Gumtree at quite a high price, this was mainly due to there not being many low milers about and wanted to aim at a private buyer.

Just after Christmas the car was struggling to start and I suspected the Battery, from my understanding the car is or was on its original Battery so nearly 12 years out of a Battery is pretty good in my books. The other half did suggest the car was telling me it didn't want selling so I've replaced the Battery and taken it off sale.

Compared to when I got it, the car is in much better condition due to the amount of detailing I've done on it.

Am still thinking of an estate but will wait and see what happens.

25ef7a0b702bbc3f187617936aee59dc.jpgbe8affececac851d17c283ab9b4962ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Proper batteries were fitted to these in the factory!

You can't actually get a Panasonic car Battery here and if you look at the labels on the top of yours it will have a release date stamped on, something like 140806 = 14th Aug 2006( can't quite make it out in your Pic but looks like 21 11 ?? ) because you car was shipped from japan the Battery was put in the car long before the first owner even seen it!

So if you are keeping 'her' did you get a decent replacement, like the Bosch S4 068 ?

paul m.

Proper batteries were fitted to these in the factory!
You can't actually get a Panasonic car battery here and if you look at the labels on the top of yours it will have a release date stamped on, something like 140806 = 14th Aug 2006( can't quite make it out in your Pic but looks like 21 11 ?? ) because you car was shipped from japan the battery was put in the car long before the first owner even seen it!
So if you are keeping 'her' did you get a decent replacement, like the Bosch S4 068 ?
paul m.
I just got a standard Battery but it has a 3 year warranty so I'm happy with that. Can't believe a Battery will last 12 years, it goes to show the quality that goes into these cars.

1 hour ago, leelacey17 said:

I just got a standard battery but it has a 3 year warranty so I'm happy with that. Can't believe a battery will last 12 years, it goes to show the quality that goes into these cars.

My LS400 had the original Battery still fitted which made it around 13 years old, and Lexus Reading weren't a bit surprised by the age of it, they said its quite common to come across batteries of that age. Let's hope the one they fitted will last as long.

2 hours ago, leelacey17 said:

I just got a standard battery but it has a 3 year warranty so I'm happy with that. Can't believe a battery will last 12 years, it goes to show the quality that goes into these cars.

Hi Lee. Is the car still for sale?