Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for an ISF...

Hi all,

I am leaving my company car scheme to get an allowance instead as the mileage I now do is quite low.

I have been looking at ISF's on the usual places, PH, AT & eBay and currently none are attracting me - the lower mileage ones are outside my price range and the earlier models to me seem over priced.

Realistically I am looking to spend 15-18k as I would like to keep some money aside for inevitable jobs that will need doing.

I was just curious if anyone here is looking to sell or could point me in the direction of some other cars up for sale (which aren't listed on the above sites)?

Thanks,

Nick

The 2009 one on AT with 65k on clock for 17k looks like a decent one.

It's under 10 years old so you could get it inspected by Lexus and get the 2 year warranty including AA cover for £800.

In terms of inevitable jobs that will need doing....  There aren't any unless you include brake discs/pads/tyres if they need replacing.  These consumables are a lot cheaper than the M3/C63/RS4 consumables. 

Check water pump has been replaced which most should have had done by now.  Its about £800 if not but if you have the warranty it pays for itself if it goes while covered.

I have a 2008 that has just ticked over 80k miles.  I renewed the warranty the day before she turned 10.  She has been tracked a fair amount of times and has never missed a beat.  I love her...  🙂

Good luck

• Like 1

I was just about to post this exact topic myself! 😂

The prices of them seems to vary wildly and the market has really dried up over the last few months. 

Hope you manage to find something. 

I have owned mine for just a couple of months now and I love it.  I was open mined to weather I bought an early or late one and I looked around for over 6 months before I finally bought.  Its all about the condition and service history and for me the colour combo. Existing warranties are transferable so I picked up 14 months from the previous owner and as @FTBBCVoodoo says the warranty can be extended if the car is less than 10 years old or 140k miles (and either full Lexus service history or inspection) . So I bought 2 more years and now have a 2009 car with 40 months warranty. What's not to like.  The point being how confident Lexus are about the reliability which gave me the confidence to spend a good chunk of money on an older car and buy privately.

Good luck with the search.

In fact I'm just off out for a drive now.  I have nowhere to go but  Im just going out to drive.  I love it.:yahoo:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

I have owned mine for just a couple of months now and I love it.  I was open mined to weather I bought an early or late one and I looked around for over 6 months before I finally bought.  Its all about the condition and service history and for me the colour combo. Existing warranties are transferable so I picked up 14 months from the previous owner and as @FTBBCVoodoo says the warranty can be extended if the car is less than 10 years old or 140k miles (and either full Lexus service history or inspection) . So I bought 2 more years and now have a 2009 car with 40 months warranty. What's not to like.  The point being how confident Lexus are about the reliability which gave me the confidence to spend a good chunk of money on an older car and buy privately.

Good luck with the search.

In fact I'm just off out for a drive now.  I have nowhere to go but  Im just going out to drive.  I love it.:yahoo:

head up to caffeine and machine, I am meeting Cezar there!

Hi all,

I've had my first look at one today and I've noticed something - on the steering wheel there is the cruise control button but on some models this is a sports button?  Looking on autotrader not all the facelift models have the sport button and some have the ACC button?  I thought ALL the facelifts had the sport button?

On 1/4/2019 at 5:47 PM, nickisokay said:

Hi all,

I am leaving my company car scheme to get an allowance instead as the mileage I now do is quite low.

I have been looking at ISF's on the usual places, PH, AT & Ebay and currently none are attracting me - the lower mileage ones are outside my price range and the earlier models to me seem over priced.

Realistically I am looking to spend 15-18k as I would like to keep some money aside for inevitable jobs that will need doing.

I was just curious if anyone here is looking to sell or could point me in the direction of some other cars up for sale (which aren't listed on the above sites)?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

I may be thinking of selling soon. PM me if  interested and I can give you some details.

Ben

2 hours ago, nickisokay said:

Hi all,

I've had my first look at one today and I've noticed something - on the steering wheel there is the cruise control button but on some models this is a sports button?  Looking on autotrader not all the facelift models have the sport button and some have the ACC button?  I thought ALL the facelifts had the sport button?

They do but on earlier facelift ones its still behind the steering wheel on the left, only later ones had it on the steering wheel.

Good luck with the search!

Dan.

19 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

They do but on earlier facelift ones its still behind the steering wheel on the left, only later ones had it on the steering wheel.

Good luck with the search!

Dan.

Are you sure? 2010 facelift with the blue section steering wheel should all have sport button.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Are you sure? 2010 facelift with the blue section steering wheel should all have sport button.

Friend I work with has a 2011 ISF with blue section steering and sports button is dash mounted.

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Seen a few variations. I thought the same as you though Colin but have seen facelift cars without the steering wheel mounted sport button.

The sport button on the sterring wheel was only on the later models with the larger central rev counter & LED DRL’s.

The blue panel steering wheel came in when they updated the ISF to include the mechanical LSD around 2010 - all depends when the car was registered.

I had the sport button, large Rev counter & LEDs on a late August 2011 but did see one of these models registered as early as March or April 2011. Until I bought my ISF everything I read had lead me to believe this model was only available from 2012 onwards.

Good luck with the search - they are a brilliant car & you won’t find anything else with its performance that is as bomb proof.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DAW said:

The sport button on the sterring wheel was only on the later models with the larger central rev counter & LED DRL’s.

Okay that makes sense, that was within the 2011 revisions then. So there is just a one year period where the blue steering wheel exists without the sports button.

2011 also brought in Euro 5 engine emissions, revised suspension, and the black engine cover.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, a quick evening bump to this thread. I've been watching the market for a few months now but I've not found anything. 

If a member is thinking of selling I'd be interested in making contact. I'm on the lookout for a a face lift car and I'm based on the Southcoast.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2019 at 2:23 PM, emjay82 said:

For sale: Lexus ISF

Item Condition: Good 8/10

Price and price conditions: £13,500

Extra Info: Transferrable Lexus extended warranty until February 2020. Full service history all Lexus apart from 2 x Toyota (same thing 😉). Last service and MOT were completed in February 2019 at Lexus Reading.

Pictures

DSC_0133.thumb.JPG.6bd9b4c48d0e895e3567ea57fd8a0e11.JPGDSC_0735.thumb.JPG.47080e1799f542e2438d9b6def327ddb.JPGDSC_0118.thumb.JPG.d272fb529f522bcd09fffb232146b066.JPG

DSC_1527.thumb.JPG.da2c4076e5e8e27500186dc3805ea1cd.JPG_20180914_151255.thumb.JPG.9328c0c8225567694d1b1bd07b23ab6e.JPG

Contact Details: Mark Jones emjay1982@hotmail.com 07500 884873

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: No delivery.

So my search is over! I'm now the proud owner of this car 😁

Credit goes to Mark who has added some really nice, subtle mods and kept the car in great condition.

I'm going to spend the next few weeks getting used to it and enjoying it.  Not got any major plans for it in the future.. nothing is needed! 

Looking forward to attending some events too.

Cheers, Nick 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nickisokay said:

So my search is over! I'm now the proud owner of this car 😁

Credit goes to Mark who has added some really nice, subtle mods and kept the car in great condition.

I'm going to spend the next few weeks getting used to it and enjoying it.  Not got any major plans for it in the future.. nothing is needed! 

Looking forward to attending some events too.

Cheers, Nick 

Enjoy the car Nick, it's been an absolute amazing ownership experience for me and I'm sure you'll feel the same. It was very hard to see it go but it's gone to a good home and another forum member. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links