Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Brakes

Hondaman

Hi folks my rear pads will need changing on my new to me 07 plate IS250. I always try to upgrade when changing parts, so does anyone have any recommendations. I was looking at drilled discs with a set of Mintex pads.Is there any real advantage to having drilled discs beside heat dissapation. What about slotted and drilled discs? 

All opinions wanted. Thanks in advance

You are not really going to gain anything from replacing the OEM with drilled rear discs - the rear brakes are not utilised as much during braking. You will probably find that the pads are the original ones so you can see the rear braking does not take a lot of the braking strain.

If you want to do the discs then replace with OEM but while doing so do the drum shoes and the pads.

As mentioned, stick with OEM style rotors for a daily driver.

Drilled disks can crack and slotted often generate a grim and uneccessary vibration/noise when braking hard from high speed.

Get coated disks though, to prevent the 'hat' rusting overnight and looking like it needs replacing again. Alternatively paint the unswept areas of the disks.