Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok, I’m in love with the ES

Habu

Hi all first timer on here just to let you know I pick up my new ES Takumi spec on wed at lunchtime will let you guys know what it’s like 

I am in Yorkshire so if anyone wants to come and see it let me know cos I will defo be in love with it 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VinnyB said:

Hi all first timer on here just to let you know I pick up my new ES Takumi spec on wed at lunchtime will let you guys know what it’s like 

I am in Yorkshire so if anyone wants to come and see it let me know cos I will defo be in love with it 

I’ve sat in a Takumi ES but not seen it lit up properly as it was a showroom car.  I’m in North Yorkshire.

What body colour and interior trim colour did you go for?

Cheers 

Habu

10 hours ago, VinnyB said:

Finally finally! good news and i would love to see some pics!

Can you share your view of the car with us please, how does it drive is it powerful enough fuelconsumption etc.

As you might have noticed there is quite a debate going on here about the new ES and most opinions are from people that never drove the car but think they know how it drives.

Congratulations Vince, happy motoring!

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Finally finally! good news and i would love to see some pics!

Can you share your view of the car with us please, how does it drive is it powerful enough fuelconsumption etc.

As you might have noticed there is quite a debate going on here about the new ES and most opinions are from people that never drove the car but think they know how it drives.

Congratulations Vince, happy motoring!

I have drove the ES (base with Premium Pack) and it’s very quiet and refined.  Pickup is much quicker than my NX Premier (probably not unsurprising) and the CVT drone under full load in Sport mode was very, very muted.  Fuel consumption was mid to late 40s whereas I get mid 30s in the NX over the same roads.  Having owned a GS F Sport I couldn’t tell (under normal driving) that the ES was FWD rather than the GS’s RWD.  Grip and steering response was good too.  

Overall I was impressed.  Just need CarPlay and I’m sold.

Habu

11 hours ago, VinnyB said:

Hi Habu

sonic white with all black inside with protection pack 

I’m in West Yorkshire so I won’t mind driving it north to show you 👍

cheers 

vince 

VinnyB, it’s a kind offer but not required thanks however we all need to see the pics.  

Have you waited long for it?  3 months?

Habu

22 minutes ago, Habu said:

I have drove the ES (base with Premium Pack) and it’s very quiet and refined.  Pickup is much quicker than my NX Premier (probably not unsurprising) and the CVT drone under full load in Sport mode was very, very muted.  Fuel consumption was mid to late 40s whereas I get mid 30s in the NX over the same roads.  Having owned a GS F Sport I couldn’t tell (under normal driving) that the ES was FWD rather than the GS’s RWD.  Grip and steering response was good too.  

Overall I was impressed.  Just need CarPlay and I’m sold.

Habu

Thanks Habu, what GS were you driving, what engine did it have and how do you compare the new ES to your GS performance wise?

I had the 300h GS F Sport.  The ES feels like it’s quieter than the GS and feels every bit as quick (someone will moan it’s not quick) on full throttle load.  Where the GS excelled (al least over the ES I drove) was when pushing the car through the twisties as the GS had adaptive suspension and was generally firmer and more planted when rushed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zotto said:

Is IS300h sensibly faster than GS 300h?

Dont know as i only had the IS.

what i can say is that i drove an IS 250 6 cylinder for 4 years followed by an IS300h for 3 years.

the hybrid felt considerably faster than the 250 up to 100kph much more torque and in city driving or on B road made a great combination with the CVT box it really worked for me. The 250 was veru quiet and sophisticated no vibrations but below 4000rpm nobody was home it was not very powerful. More of a cruiser but isnt that the DNA of most lexuses?

Hi Habu

i already own a nx f sport which i love 

i went to lexus on sat and they had the takumi in showroom i asked to buy it and they said yes 

I have added a integrated dashcam

i will post pick of inside when i pick it up 

cheers 

vinny 

45C3DE03-E951-46C6-9F4F-AF68C99D6A8D.jpeg

A15A337F-98C4-4E18-B34E-0B8479D373C6.jpeg

Update picked it up today wow all i say is wow its a baby LS in all departments and lexus sheffield as usual fantastic 

see pics of outside and inside

ref inside at night all door cards light up brilliant see pics 

drives fab no lean no roll getting 50mpg plus fast on pick up and getting loads of looks from other drivers 

vince 

74FAF94E-4659-4D35-8E0A-546C9299E9BD.jpeg

9E86A40D-7D4F-42A9-BB9B-2186FEFF5C1D.jpeg

31763FEF-4B3B-42D8-BA74-8C15D0DFF578.jpeg

D8A3CCE1-787B-47AC-B3B9-8B194BD8867C.jpeg

21E9D39E-ECF3-4EEB-BB79-22002882E96B.jpeg

18B6843A-DFAE-45A1-9FED-0678BC429E03.jpeg

FEA59C7E-D282-48A0-A493-E3F5DCE49784.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks fab.  Good to see the seat memory settings are lit.  Can you confirm that there is a lit parking sensors light on the dash.  All my Lexus’ have had the green coloured P symbol on the dash but I couldn’t find it on the ES.

Vinny,

Envy is a sin (Proverbs 14:30) but right now I'm guilty. Your car looks super and as with the Lexus I've owned to date, is unlikely to let you down.

I wish you much enjoyment with it.

All I need to do now is convince the missus - and the bank manager.

3 hours ago, VinnyB said:

If anyone wants to see it i will drive anywhere in this just for please of driving it 👍

Congrats on your purchase. It looks great outside! Had a quick look at your car when I was in the dealership a couple of weeks ago - the ES looks terrific in the metal. Will be really interested to hear how you get on with it over the next few months; and in particular how it compares with the NX, as I'm considering an ES when the time comes to change.

Have enjoyed the NX's high driving position, however, so some mixed feelings about moving back to a saloon.

25 minutes ago, VinnyB said:

Habu

is this what you want to see 

A9A6F550-9F62-47CB-BE0A-EC58DDFAD7AD.jpeg

Yes, there it is albeit unlit so your parking sensors must be turned off.  In fact it looks like all your safety systems are turned off such as RCTA.

Keep posting pics.👍

Habu