Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gents

2 years after taking ownership of my 98 LS400, I’ve now moved to the dark side having acquired a 2006 Jaguar x350 XJR.

I was impressed by the Lexus, as it did everything I needed it to with aplomb. It was hugely efficient but not one to stir the soul and this is the primary reason for selling. Having moved from London to Woking during my ownership, there are decent roads on my doorstep, so driver involvement has become a higher priority.

The Jag appears similarly refined, averages 30mpg (good for a 400bhp V8) and handles like a much smaller car - very strange sensations for a 1700kg car.

The Lexus has gone to a LOC forum member (via Pistonheads), so hopefully it will continue to be enthusiast owned. 

I’ve enjoyed my time here.

All the best

Shirish

B1FA6EF5-0C86-4839-9581-6C579A87D073.jpeg

399F808D-5476-4D86-9511-5447A97E4329.jpeg

• Like 2

Lovely car, would love one myself, saw one of these when buying my sons first car, was nearly tempted to test drive, but ran out of time.

Wifes Jag at 12 years now getting the dreaded Jag sill-rot, shame as rest of the car is great, and handles well, so in 2 MOTs time expect it to be scrapped (which will be a shame)

Jag engines are really nice free running beasts, so 400bhp sounds like fun in such a light car.

• Like 1

Thank you for the detailed posts about what you did. Good for future reference especially with details like part numbers. I can understand. The LS is not a great A road blaster. I use my Soarer for that.😎

• Like 1