Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2009 ls600hl rsr died no ready light

hello all just joined and thought i would post my problem with my ls on here 

yes it seems to be rare a faulty ls i used it just before christmas went to coventry all ok came back home 5 mins later went out again but no ready light  kept trying no luck plugged it in with launch gds fault in hybrid control ecu b2799 immobiliser malfunction kept trying finally came on drove to cov then to leicester and thats where it spent christmas 

picked up by rac to dealer in coventry they had it for a week with no luck they think its the i presume smart key control behind glovebox it would sometimes start then stop 

has anybody heard of this problem car is now back at home as not paying for an ecu that they cannot say if thats the problem

ecu kit on the cards atm just need to know what parts are needed?? key / smartkey ecu / engine ecu / not sure if i need hybrid ecu if thats coded or not ?

The LS600 is a rare car and faults like yours are unheard of.

I have just googled that error code and there seems to be a few posts regarding this error (mainly on the prius forum)

One of the post lists the possible causes as follows:

"Faulty Key

Faulty transponder key amplifier

Faulty Transponder Key Electronic Control Unit (ECU)

Transponder key amplifier wire harness

Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)"

My gut feeling is Lexus are probably unsure of which part is faulty since its intermittent and rare occurring. I would do as much research as you can on the internet to seeif there is a definitive guide to which part is faulty. Faults like this can be a nightmare as you lose faith in the car not knowing when it wont starts.

Hope it gets sorted soon and at reasonable cost.

Really sorry to hear your problem. A pal of mine with a GS300 took his car to Lexus with issues similar to yours, 12 weeks later and £2,500 lighter he got his car back. Lexus stripped it down and then could not get it to start, new Electronic key/security units etc etc had to come from Japan.

if you can find a good Indy on Lexus in your area why not try there first.

yes an ls with faults is unheard of and dealer were quite upset they couldnt fix it but 1500 to 2k just to try an ecu not knowing it would work is no good to me so ill deal with it and let them know

they had rulled out the key as it can be seen knows when its in the car or not every now and then it will switch on car would fire up then stop

im looking to get ecu kit for it on eBay as  2been broken in another country but bought from copart here which is very annoying to say the least 

lexus checked all wiring all can lines ok as can talk to all ecus in the car 

tracker not as far as i gather all ecus have been removed and wiring all checked 

i normally replace ecu kits on lesser cars not a lexus

36 minutes ago, lexus707 said:

Really sorry to hear your problem. A pal of mine with a GS300 took his car to Lexus with issues similar to yours, 12 weeks later and £2,500 lighter he got his car back. Lexus stripped it down and then could not get it to start, new Electronic key/security units etc etc had to come from Japan.

if you can find a good Indy on Lexus in your area why not try there first.

interesting was his the same as mine then all ok then just died?

lexus stripped mine down and checked all sorts but i was not going to give them a load of money if they were not 100% sure plus not got that amount anyway i spend it on classic cars that start lol

thankyou for info lexus had this off and checked it no luck there 2 dealers did say it can be the aux Battery that can cause this they even got the £315 Battery worked once then broke again so aint that lol just kept my normal Battery on it worked before so no reason it wouldnt work again and i know its ok