Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ashtray

I don't smoke anyway but I'll never understand people wanting to smoke in such a small enclosed space, not to mention devaluing the investment.

I once went to buy a Ford Granada 2.8i Ghia X and as soon as I opened the door I was hit by such a horrible smell that I just said I didn't need to look any further and walked away from what initially looked to be a superb motor.

• Like 1

My Lexus was a smokers car, the ashtray had remnants of a cigar in it. :eek: The smell was well disguised by “Car People” with a strong citrus smell.

It was easily sorted by cleaning every surface with Febreze, or Morrison’s equivalent, and several “Poundland” Neutradol gel containers used one at a time in the cup holder.

I think I had it sorted in a week but used the Neutradol for a few months.

Not a sniff since. :lol:

On 1/7/2019 at 5:32 PM, philjory said:

Is there an ashtray in the is300 and if so where ?

I have one that I took out of my IS before I sold it. As said it’s like a small cup with a lid that fits into either of the central cup holders. I bought it as an elbow rest as the cup holder hole was annoying. I am in Bristol if you want it £15.00?

Not back in the uk until mid February though. Reply to this message if you are interested, send me your email???

1 hour ago, Richard1200 said:

I have one that I took out of my IS before I sold it. As said it’s like a small cup with a lid that fits into either of the central cup holders. I bought it as an elbow rest as the cup holder hole was annoying. I am in Bristol if you want it £15.00?

Not back in the uk until mid February though. Reply to this message if you are interested, send me your email???

Out of interest Richard how effective was it as a make-shift elbow rest. Was it fairly flush to the surface or raised up a bit?

18 hours ago, Pink said:

Out of interest Richard how effective was it as a make-shift elbow rest. Was it fairly flush to the surface or raised up a bit?

I felt is was better than having the cup holder hole. It sits about 10mm above the arm rest. 

• Thanks 1