Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Final Farewell

Jules640

Having replaced my LC500h with a Mercedes E53 AMG, I thought I would make one final post before saying goodbye to the Lexus forum.

It has now been nearly 2 weeks since I made the change and I have no regrets at all.

I was a bit sorry to see the LC500 go at first but I can now see more clearly just how bad some aspects of it are.

I think I bought the LC500 on the basis of the looks, which are amazing and unlike anything else on the road. I have never had a car that turns so many heads. If I did it again I would not go for the hybrid. It just hasn't got the performance that it should have.The gearbox suffers badly from the 'rubber band' feeling that most CVT gearboxes have. At times it was just gutless.The E53's performance just blows it away. It is a lot quicker than the V8 LC500 too.

The issues that I had with the LC500 just aren't there with the Mercedes.It has a surround camera, proper interior and ambient lighting and an Infotainment system that works properly and is very easy to use. All of the technology feels as though it is a generation on from the Lexus. 

Maybe Lexus will address some of these issues with future facelifts but for now they are years behind the opposition. I think they are struggling badly with sales and it would be a shame if they stopped production but I think they need to invest a lot to improve the functionality and technology on the car. At present I think it is very much style over substance. 

I have enjoyed my time on the forum and I would like to thank everyone that helped me with their comments and advice.

I hope that you all continue to enjoy your cars and that you don't have all the problems that I did.

One final note, I now have a fuel filler flap that opens!! 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 2:18 PM, Jules640 said:

Having replaced my LC500h with a Mercedes E53 AMG, I thought I would make one final post before saying goodbye to the Lexus forum.

It has now been nearly 2 weeks since I made the change and I have no regrets at all.

I was a bit sorry to see the LC500 go at first but I can now see more clearly just how bad some aspects of it are.

I think I bought the LC500 on the basis of the looks, which are amazing and unlike anything else on the road. I have never had a car that turns so many heads. If I did it again I would not go for the hybrid. It just hasn't got the performance that it should have.The gearbox suffers badly from the 'rubber band' feeling that most CVT gearboxes have. At times it was just gutless.The E53's performance just blows it away. It is a lot quicker than the V8 LC500 too.

The issues that I had with the LC500 just aren't there with the Mercedes.It has a surround camera, proper interior and ambient lighting and an Infotainment system that works properly and is very easy to use. All of the technology feels as though it is a generation on from the Lexus. 

Maybe Lexus will address some of these issues with future facelifts but for now they are years behind the opposition. I think they are struggling badly with sales and it would be a shame if they stopped production but I think they need to invest a lot to improve the functionality and technology on the car. At present I think it is very much style over substance. 

I have enjoyed my time on the forum and I would like to thank everyone that helped me with their comments and advice.

I hope that you all continue to enjoy your cars and that you don't have all the problems that I did.

One final note, I now have a fuel filler flap that opens!! 

Thanks some helpful info for someone who may purchase a 500 in the future. As I mentioned on your last thread there is no way at this moment in time I'd buy a Hybrid, plus I didn't realise it had that CVT drive system. Many years ago I was looking to buy a long distance cruiser and looked at a secondhand LS 600h. It was very nice but I hated the CVT drive it just didn't suit me. I didn't realise the 500 Hybrid had it so that has definitely put it out of the running.

As for the filler flap that really needs to be sorted and I'm hoping if an F version comes out they'll beef up the brake disc size too.

I'm sure you will enjoy the AMG I've had two so far and enjoyed the N/A V8 in the SL63 then the breathtaking oomph of the CL65's V12 twin turbo engine. Just watch the dealerships though I had truly awful service until I switched to Brooklands.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links