Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aggressive Neighbour

katana92_uk

Hi All,

Let me share some thing with you and see what you think ?
I live in flat on ground floor. Neighbour above me lived there for 4 years and then moved out with his GF and rented out his flat.

New neighbour moved in above me about 1.5 years ago.

About year ago I knocked on his door to day his toilet is leaking and inform you landlord, which he did etc etc

Since then we used to say hello hi to each other and shared xmas cards etc no bother at all.

For 1.5 years no issues and friendly exchange of words and hello hi was normal thing.

I have 2 kids both boys. 12 and 5. Last Saturday around 9:30pm they were playing in their room as usual having friendly fight over PS4 game and nothing mega loud, when suddenly Neighbour above me knocked on my door very aggressively.
I opened door and I was like oh Hi how are you.

He never replied to say hello or hi and just abruptly says to me, Do you have kids ? I was like Yes I do and you know I have 2 kids.
He then goes to me they are very loud and people are trying to sleep you know.

I was like oh sorry are they really loud ? they are just playing PS4 as usual.
 He was then like, yes they are **** loud and keep them quite, he said that to me and just walked away. 
I was really puzzled and shocked and couldn’t resist to say excuse me Mr, no need to swear and you can talk to me bit politely, and he was like I will swear if I want to !

This really ****** me off and I closed door on him saying, oh well Im not talking to you then, Bye.

This happened few days ago and I am still confused and puzzled. I mean why he acted in this aggressive manner suddenly out of no where.
He could have said to me please keep them quite OR I can hear them above or some thing like that. Since we were good neighbours, ofcourse I would have said oh sorry no worries I’ll keep an eye on them and that’s it.

What do you guys think, why he acted this way and suddenly spoiled our 1.5 year friendly neighbourly relationship ?

Just like that ?

Thanks

They can explain how the atom is split, they can tell you why we don't fall off the planet earth which is surrounded by space but when it comes to explaining why a  normally mild-mannered human being suddenly declares war against his neighbour.

I have great sympathy for you as I know what you are going through, I hope it stops for you asap.

• Like 2

Hi A, I think nothing more serious, depressing or worrying than have a bad neighbour, I know that from personal experience.

He probably did have a bad day but this is not the way to talk to people! I hope situation will calm between you two. Good luck!

• Like 2

We've also been there but its never happened coming from someone who is generally pleasant, its always been new neighbours who kick off from the start.  This is really hard, but sometimes making the first move to try to resolve it is the way.  Maybe he'll tell you what triggered it, probably something he's going through. Who knows, you might end up helping him through something!

• Like 2

The problem is that you never know what other people are going through at any given time.

Because he's been pleasant and reasonable in the past and this was out of character for him, I'd be inclined to think that he's having a bad time or problems with something. Maybe he's been told he's being made redundant; maybe he had a really bad headache or back pain and had been getting wound up like a clock spring for hours and then he just couldn't take any more and the (normal amount of) noise was the straw that broke the camel's back this time.

I think I'd knock on his door and ask if he's alright and explain that you're a bit concerned because he's not normally like that.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links