Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys happy to be apart of the club.

very proud owner of 2013 GS 450H

quality with great performance and handling what more can I want.

It’s such a underrated car.

so I’m just hoping if someone can shed some light on the start up sound as mine is quite loud for the first few seconds after starting it then it goes a bit quieter but not completely quiet like when it’s running only on the Battery.

is this normal on this model??

other than this the car runs and drive nice and smooth EV mode works fine and feels great to glide along the road.

the car is a pleasure to drive and the engineering in this is so advanced and clever it’s unbelievable that I don’t see more of these on the road

• Like 3

It’s Just engine noise like on any other car but is it normal for it to be loud like it starts at a higher rpm then after a few seconds the revs drop and goes quieter. And am I right in thinking that it’s not supposed to ever just start on the Battery and just be silent like on the Prius?? 

It will operate in the same way as a Prius. If the engine is cold it will almost immediately start up and run until warm unless you press the EV button to force it to remain off - allowing you to move you car off the driveway for example.

The engine is louder than a Prius, but they don't really have a quite engine either.

From what you are describing I'd say it is normal.

Its not a issue that it’s a bit loud I just wanted to double check to make sure it’s normal. I will have peace of mind now.

But the sound when I plant my foot is where it’s music to my ears 😂

thanks for your help mate really appreciate it

Thanks for that mate From what I can hear in your video mine sounds the same but it goes a bit quieter after a few seconds. Someone mentioned using some injector cleaner. Anyone else tried this and has it made any difference??

I’m getting a kind of click/clunk sound when I press the brake pedal too but not sure if this is the same as what everyone else is saying is due to the electric braking system. I initially thought it was the acoustic wear on the pads and the discs looked quite rusty around the outside edge and looked quite worn so I changed both disc and pads today but still getting the same click when pedal is pressed.

are you guys getting this same click sound and will doing a few hard stops be a fix?? 

normally clunks when braking are pads moving slightly in the callipers and is most apparent when changing direction (forward to reverse, or reserve to forward). If all the clips are in place and the pads are OEM then it could be sticking slide pins (or a bushing missing on the pin). The mechanical brakes are essentially the same design on petrol or hybrid vehicles - being a hybrid isn't the reason for the noise.

This happens every time I press the brake pedal no matter which direction I’m going in. It sounds a bit like it might be coming from the actual pedal. I am still yet to inspect the pedal for sticking or something of that nature so maybe a bit of wd40 will be a fix. I will do this when I have time before I move onto inspecting the parts you mentioned. It did have Toyota pads in before which I guess is oem and the pads I fitted are ferrodo but have made the sound on both pads so I think we can rule that out. Is the slide pin the metal bar that holds the bracket behind the pads that could be sticking? And where is the bushing pin located?

I did change the brakes myself and all the parts were in place as they should be but I’m not sure about this bushing pin u mention.

13 hours ago, Ragzv6 said:

Is the slide pin the metal bar that holds the bracket behind the pads that could be sticking? And where is the bushing pin located?

Ignore me, I've checked and the GS uses a fixed calliper design with pistons on either side of the disc - unlike a floating design that uses slide pins on the majority of Lexus vehicles.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links