Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Without the rear fog lights, and reversing lights your car is likely to fail the MOT since these are fitted under the construction, and use regulations for the UK and Europe. The US rear lights will not have the correct markings, and this alone is enough for a fail.

John.

• Like 1

Yes. I would rewire an additional fog light somewhere. Probably a discreet thin one under the rear bumper. Not really worried about the markings on the light, as mot testers won’t really notice. 

1 hour ago, simonman said:

Yes. I would rewire an additional fog light somewhere. Probably a discreet thin one under the rear bumper. Not really worried about the markings on the light, as mot testers won’t really notice. 

You would also have to fit a reversing light as this not only lights up the rear at night, but also warns others you are reversing in daylight.

John.

Hi Simon,

Looks like the us/Jap spec cars have the reverse lights in the cluster, you are referring but these don't contain the fog lights as it is not a requirement for those markets. 

I wanted to do the same mode, you can have lights from US eBay sellers but whether these will have built in fog lights or not, it is not clear. 

There are some Japanese seller who apparently sell the lights which can comply with our rules. I have not investigated into much as to me it's is a bit expensive when you consider the purchase price and with potential import duty on top of it at home, the link is as below;

http://www.78-works.jp/smartphone/detail.html?id=000000000161 

You can have a look at these and if you go for it please do let me know as well. 

Thanks.