Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

VLand Rear Lights, Just for info 😎

A few have asked about these. I am sure there was another thread about these a while ago but here is some pics of mine fitted for anyone that is considering them.

I’m delighted with mine. Half hour job to fit them, takes 10 years off the car! Enjoy!!

C714ADF4-F796-4E28-B3E6-FDD03260BABA.thumb.jpeg.483e452e1255e5b5c8ec1322023f3a38.jpegBACAB988-A312-422C-9A99-8C57C35AE6CC.thumb.jpeg.64afeef746985890a79206e47d8ea5b6.jpegAD90AC9C-B107-474D-8E75-76E36379FB9F.thumb.jpeg.def39917c3cd5ba91487f03181c364c1.jpeg23F9EEEE-F8E8-4FE4-ACE5-52243F2DBB3C.thumb.jpeg.cf1cf70b4144c0199ca39b1e9a3e716d.jpegF77E0AFE-C73D-4C1F-9429-3CCC1DDA491E.thumb.jpeg.175129243308a6e467a844f2c9df3d27.jpeg

• Like 4

These look great Dan and have to be on my shopping list for the future. The fact that they can be just as easily swapped back for the originals appeals to me. Have you ruled out doing the fronts as well ?  I can only hope the fronts look better in real life than in the you tube video's 

35 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

These look great Dan and have to be on my shopping list for the future. The fact that they can be just as easily swapped back for the originals appeals to me. Have you ruled out doing the fronts as well ?  I can only hope the fronts look better in real life than in the you tube video's 

Hey Glynn. 

I've had a real good look at the front sand they are definitely not for me. Too much black plastic and nasty chrome trim. 

I stand to be corrected once somebody takes the plunge but I can't see me going for these. 

40 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

Hey Glynn. 

I've had a real good look at the fronts and they are definitely not for me. Too much black plastic and nasty chrome trim. 

I stand to be corrected once somebody takes the plunge but I can't see me going for these. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I recently got these too, but I was hoping that during the day when the lights are OFF that when braking ALL lights came ON at the rear to give that nice L shape. As you know on stock lights and VLAND only the outer lights light up when braking, making it look like your inner lights are busted, due to the L not being right across. All is ok at night as your inner lights are on already.

So after some thought I wired it up to do this...

Steps below if anyone’s interested.

Video to demo what I mean:

https://youtu.be/7FFRfFMkdGY

Hope it all makes sense. I would say, as a disclaimer that you should check your wire colours on the back of the VLAND lights are the same. I imagine they will be. Get a VOLT meter to double check. This is how I discovered what each colour was for.

Materials

1. Fused relay – I used 10amp to match fuse weight the car recommends – Normally open relay (4 prong)
2. 10 amp roll of electrical wire
3. 10 amp spade connectors
4. Wire cutters
5. Electric insulating tape
6. Various tools to take clips off boot lid etc

Steps
Diagram Below also.

1. Remove tail lid carpeted cover to expose tail lid wiring and back of VLAND lights.
2. Pull back right hand (recommended if following these steps) boot carpet to expose one of the outer rear VLAND lights and wires.
3. Splice a long wire into the RED brake wire of the VLAND outer tail lamp. You may want to use a VOLT meter to double check what wires are what, in case yours are different.
4. Wrap splice in tape so you don’t short anything.
5. Run this wire up the tail lid hinges ready to plug into the relay.
6. Add a spade connector to this wire and plug it into PIN 86 of the relay.
7. Cut another similar length of wire and add a spade connector and plug that into PIN 30 of the relay and the other end into a 12v supply that is available or the Battery. I used the ML Amplifier 12v In. Left hand plug, top left red wire. You may want to use a VOLT meter to double check what wires are what, in case yours are different.
8. Cut a length of wire and attach one end to a good earth. I used a bolt of the trunk lid supports. And plug the other end using spade connector to PIN 85 of the relay.
9. Finally run a short length of wire from PIN 87 of the relay to the GREEN wire of the inner VLAND tail light. You may want to use a VOLT meter to double check what wires are what, in case yours are different.

wiringdiagramvland_alllights_braking_lex

Testing

1. Ensure no exposed pins/ wires are touching anything conductive.
2. Go push the brake pedal/ask a friend. With the lights ALL OFF you should hear the relay click and both the outer and inner lights come on along with your brake lights.
3. Let off the brake and all should go off, you'll hear the relay click again.
4. Turn on your lights to ensure they light as before, try the brake again to ensure that the brake lights come on and go off on release.
5. If all ok, tape up all connections securely and stick the relay to somewhere on the trunk lid.
6. Reapply all carpet covers and tidy up!

Now you'll have a fancy looking rear end when braking during the day when your lights are usually OFF.

Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Good skills mate. Way more confident with the electrics than I am!👌👌

Thanks, took me a few triple checks before I pushed the brakes or turned on the lights again! All good though... 

If you get round to it, have fun!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Defratos said:

BTW do these lights come with a rear fog light?

Yes, see pic below. Both sides have dogs, and these are also where the reverse lights are. Double check the sellers description first just in case there are models without!

DBEF8A08-9164-4C42-8F9B-3257D1C8DB0F.jpeg