Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC convertible concept.

32 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Gorgeous car.  Would like to see it with the roof up though to make sure it still looks as nice.

If it's in the UK it will spend most it's time with the roof up after all 😉

Good point because the SC 430 didn't look too good with the roof up for some reason.

13 hours ago, Ashrez said:

Here are a couple of pictures with the top on.

Lexus-LC_Convertible_Concept-2019-800-04.jpg

Lexus-LC_Convertible_Concept-2019-800-06.jpg

I think i prefer the coupe better.

Boo....  Why couldn't they tin top it to keep the coupe lines similar to the Ferrari 4xx shapes.

It's not like Lexus are into saving weight on their cars 😉

Reminds me of the F-Type.  Stunning car with roof down.  Not so nice with roof up.  Whereas the F Type coupe looks gorgeous all year round 🙂

I've had my fair share of convertibles and have to say that a folding metal roof is better in many respects. As mentioned above its not like they need to save weight although I was shocked at just how much a metal folding roof assembly weighs. 

I like the idea of a convertible LC but the prospect of an F version of the LC has me salivating and the thought of a 600 BHP V8 in N/A would have me smash my piggy bank, but I'm resigned to thinking it will be a V6 turbo I did see some photos of it and it looks interesting.

• Like 2

Yes, I'm not so keen on the roof up appearance. I will need to see "it in the metal" to get a better idea. In any event, a metal roof is a much more practical option.

It's interesting how people's views vary. I don't think the F-Type is very pretty at all. And what are you going to do with a 600bhp LC? I live in a rural area and still can barely use the 476bhp V8 to its potential (well, only for very short bursts).

BTW Moderators, this thread might be better in the LC500 forum. 

11 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

Yes, I'm not so keen on the roof up appearance. I will need to see "it in the metal" to get a better idea. In any event, a metal roof is a much more practical option.

It's interesting how people's views vary. I don't think the F-Type is very pretty at all. And what are you going to do with a 600bhp LC? I live in a rural area and still can barely use the 476bhp V8 to its potential (well, only for very short bursts).

BTW Moderators, this thread might be better in the LC500 forum. 

I had well over 600 BHP in my last AMG and I found plenty occasions to enjoy it, bearing in mind these cars are quite heavy so a fair bit was absorbed by having to shift the mass. I'd hazard a guess that an F series LC will still be a bit of a pudding.

@malcolmw I don't think the F Type is pretty as such.  Just a stunning vehicle in the same way I appreciate a Nissan GTR in the flesh or an Apache helicopter 😉

The F-Type Coupe (SVR in particular) is a weapon.  Especially when you witness one in full flight with ceramic brakes glowing orange.  The convertible just looks a lot softer in my opinion.